Page 4 of 6
Quote by Haleee182
The Queen isn't really relevant to this in any way, shape or form

Did you just diss the queen's shape and form? i'll bang u m8 i swear
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
i like to think everyone would agree that if something saves lives it's more important than something which is pretty much mostly symbolic
yes, but something that saves more lives is more important than something that will 'only' save the lives of gay people.

Why bother spending money on gay sex ed when we could put it towards saving millions of children in Africa?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Hydra150
Dude, there's Islamist terrorists plotting against us, why are you spending time trying to help starving kids in Africa?
Why do you think I'm plotting terrorism against you? Exactly...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yes, but something that saves more lives is more important than something that will 'only' save the lives of gay people.

Why bother spending money on gay sex ed when we could put it towards saving millions of children in Africa?

why not spend money on both? [obvi more money would go to Africa, given the scale of that problem]
Quote by Lemoninfluence

They're making more Africans every day.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you just diss the queen's shape and form? i'll bang u m8 i swear

Actually the Queen's shape and form is rather arousing
Quote by Tsar66
why not spend money on both? [obvi more money would go to Africa, given the scale of that problem]

I thought we could only concentrate on one thing at a time?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Can we just settle this before it continues/escalates unnecessarily?

Lemon recognises that gay-marriage is not the most important issue in the world, not necessarily even within the LGBT.

The Tsar recognises that multitasking is possible.

There, done, now spend the liberated time saving african children, ******s. :3
Quote by Tsar66
i didn't say that. can you even read or do you just get yr fun spouting glib arguments over the internet?

So then what exactly was your point?

You seem to be telling gay rights supporters that money should be spent on gay sex ed. And without saying anything else the only obvious conclusion to be drawn is that you're suggesting we should be doing it instead of going forward with gay marriage.

That's what I've been basing my responses on.

If I'm wrong about your meaning, please enlighten me.

Quote by element4433
Personally, I can't see why this is such a big issue. There's still an economic crisis to deal with as a priority.
Non-heterosexuals can still have Civil Partnerships, which are as legally binding as marriage, and have the same protections and rules applying. It's effectively a change of the name that appears to be desired. I should point out in that case that ~marriage~ is between a man and a woman. That's part of the definition of it. So, personally, I'm not supporting this bill going through, because as far as I can see, it changes very little, other than opening up litigation.

On that note, it is the old "slippery slope" argument. The ECHR will undoubtedly be called in at some point, as it always is when it has no right over our legal system, and will probably rule that it is discrimination that some church or other refuses to "marry" a gay couple, even though it would be discrimination and offensive to force them to if it is against ~their~ beliefs.
Besides that, this bill effectively does nothing but say that any church that WANTS to, can "marry" gay couples. It hardly says that all should be allowed to, or anything definitive. It simply opens up the door for more unjust and stupid prosecutions based on inane "human rights" charges.

Please note though, whilst I oppose this bill, I DO NOT oppose the LGBT community. I'm happy for anyone to have their own sexual preferences, whatever they may be, as long as they don't try and force me to believe their preference is better. I have at least 4 good friends I've known for ages who are gay.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
So then what exactly was your point?

You seem to be telling gay rights supporters that money should be spent on gay sex ed. And without saying anything else the only obvious conclusion to be drawn is that you're suggesting we should be doing it instead of going forward with gay marriage.

That's what I've been basing my responses on.

If I'm wrong about your meaning, please enlighten me.

all i said was that i don't really get why for so many people gay marriage is the biggest gay rights issue we have now, when more important problems are largely unaddressed by the gay rights movement [in my experience at least]
I swear Elton John already got married when it happened...

This is just something to give the Church a right to say no; Ministers have been getting into trouble over this; Most of the ministers I've heard about refusing to marry same sex couples are African.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by AcousticMetal99
Personally, I can't see why this is such a big issue. There's still an economic crisis to deal with as a priority.
Non-heterosexuals can still have Civil Partnerships, which are as legally binding as marriage, and have the same protections and rules applying. It's effectively a change of the name that appears to be desired. I should point out in that case that ~marriage~ is between a man and a woman. That's part of the definition of it. So, personally, I'm not supporting this bill going through, because as far as I can see, it changes very little, other than opening up litigation.

On that note, it is the old "slippery slope" argument. The ECHR will undoubtedly be called in at some point, as it always is when it has no right over our legal system, and will probably rule that it is discrimination that some church or other refuses to "marry" a gay couple, even though it would be discrimination and offensive to force them to if it is against ~their~ beliefs.
Besides that, this bill effectively does nothing but say that any church that WANTS to, can "marry" gay couples. It hardly says that all should be allowed to, or anything definitive. It simply opens up the door for more unjust and stupid prosecutions based on inane "human rights" charges.

Please note though, whilst I oppose this bill, I DO NOT oppose the LGBT community. I'm happy for anyone to have their own sexual preferences, whatever they may be, as long as they don't try and force me to believe their preference is better. I have at least 4 good friends I've known for ages who are gay.

Funnily enough, the only thing guaranteeing freedom of religion in the UK is the ECHR.

But it doesn't have a right over our legal system, right?

Also you do realise that marriages don't have to happen in a church, right?

So this bill does more than allow certain churches to carry out gay marriage. And even if it did, surely the status quo is an infringement of their religious beliefs if you prohibit them from carrying them out gay marriages when they want to be able to do it?

Quote by Tsar66
all i said was that i don't really get why for so many people gay marriage is the biggest gay rights issue we have now, when more important problems are largely unaddressed by the gay rights movement [in my experience at least]

Ah, so your comment was utterly pointless.

Gotcha.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

So this bill does more than allow certain churches to carry out gay marriage. And even if it did, surely the status quo is an infringement of their religious beliefs if you prohibit them from carrying them out gay marriages when they want to be able to do it?

This was something I thought went unchallenged in Commons. A lot of Tories were basically saying "I want religious freedom except not for Quakers and Unitarians and everyone else who agrees with them", and nobody called them out for it.
Quote by AcousticMetal99

Separate but equal. Good history with that idea.
Marriage isn't defined as between a man and a woman. That's like saying marriage is defined as being between two people of the same race.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Ah, so your comment was utterly pointless.

Gotcha.

Don't bother messing with the cool crew
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by magnus_maximus
What's wrong with you?

He's preaching the truth yo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why the **** did Channel 4 invite that godawful twat Milo on? Ugh, couldn't they have just had a happy gay bloke?
The only Milo I can think of is an underground rapper so I assume it's not him. Full name?

EDIT: Oh, Milo Yiannopoulos? Yeah I remember him from 10 O'Clock Live. Got on my nerves on that show
Quote by captaincrunk
given that he's elected essentially by majority, yeah he kinda is

We've just ****ing been through this. He won by a 51% majority, 49% of people don't agree with him, therefore he's not representative of the country as a whole. Half of that 51% probably voted for him because he's the lesser of two evils.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
We've just ****ing been through this. He won by a 51% majority, 49% of people don't agree with him, therefore he's not representative of the country as a whole. Half of that 51% probably voted for him because he's the lesser of two evils.

sorry for not reading all your shitty posts bro, but even if I had I'd still write that response because you don't seem to understand the value of 51%
Quote by willT08
The only Milo I can think of is an underground rapper so I assume it's not him. Full name?

EDIT: Oh, Milo Yiannopoulos? Yeah I remember him from 10 O'Clock Live. Got on my nerves on that show

That's the one, didn't want to embarrass myself misspelling his name. Yeah. he's a right **** on twitter, had deleted him and then boom, Channel 4 unleashes him.
Quote by captaincrunk
sorry for not reading all your shitty posts bro, but even if I had I'd still write that response because you don't seem to understand the value of 51%

at no point did i say he wasn't voted in by a majority, he's not representative of the population as a whole as in 100%. Maybe if you could read then you'd realise what I actually said, you spacker.

Quote by captaincrunk

It's not a majority until like 75%. Duh.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
It's not a majority until like 75%. Duh.

Oh, so you can't read either? I'll keep that in mind for the next time I talk to you.

Quote by magnus_maximus
What, gay people are "conned" into being gay? That's the "truth" is it?

I was straight until I got an email from a Nigerian Prince saying I could make millions if I turned gay.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by magnus_maximus
What's wrong with you?

I'm not gay so everything seems to be going well.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
What the ****, UK? Here I was thinking it's only America and France that are behind on times, but et tu, Brutain?
Quote by magnus_maximus
What, gay people are "conned" into being gay? That's the "truth" is it?

What do you think the gay pride parades do to impressionable young kids? What do all of these gay support groups do to kids? Not to mention that we are teaching them that we should "accept" a lifestyle that leads to disease and the like. We don't go around telling them that it's OK to be a child molester do we? We don't go around saying it's OK to marry your dog if you want do we? It just sends the wrong message, a message that kids would never have heard before then.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Nice straw man argument.

Nice gay man argument.
Brad's so clearly in the closet.

Quote by bradulator
What do you think the gay pride parades do to impressionable young kids? What do all of these gay support groups do to kids? Not to mention that we are teaching them that we should "accept" a lifestyle that leads to disease and the like. We don't go around telling them that it's OK to be a child molester do we? We don't go around saying it's OK to marry your dog if you want do we? It just sends the wrong message, a message that kids would never have heard before then.

Do I need to start citing Gruber?
Quote by Trowzaa
Brad's so clearly in the closet.

If more gays were in the closet then they wouldn't be publicly influencing the youth to follow their example and we wouldn't have aids.
Quote by bradulator
If more gays were in the closet then they wouldn't be publicly influencing the youth to follow their example and we wouldn't have aids.