jimbob78
887 IQ
Hi all. The house I live in was unfortunately burgled last night. They got my macbook pro. The problem I'm having is that my insurers don't seem to pay out without proof of purchase. I have long since lost the box and receipt.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Is there anything I can do?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Steal a new one and use that recipt.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Ask computer shops for old boxes or get one from someone you know.
jimbob78
887 IQ
Maybe a box would work. I just want it replaced. Crazy to pay for cover and not get it back.
Crazy that I have to go to dishonest means to get something genuine replaced.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Quote by jimbob78
Maybe a box would work. I just want it replaced. Crazy to pay for cover and not get it back.
Crazy that I have to go to dishonest means to get something genuine replaced.

I mean it makes sense, cuz otherwise it'd be pretty easy to get a free expensive computer. You should definitely keep receipts of super expensive stuff like that.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
In the future, if you ensure things like a laptop, then keep the receipt in a file somewhere.
Johnny_Ibanez
ʎuuɥoſ
1,251 IQ
If you bought it online, you might still have the email confirmation knocking about in the bowels of your inbox
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Do they want the proof of purchase to prove you owned it, or to show how much it cost you?

If it's just the former, do you have any receipts from work done on it at the Apple Store?
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
Novacane...
177 IQ
Chances are the burglary was staged and one of your housemates did it, so yeah, find out which one is the culprit.
jimbob78
887 IQ
I'm afraid I haven't. No icloud either :-(
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
did you buy it in cash or using a card?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
leigh596
Gaming and Guitar
1,910 IQ
Card Statements Bro
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Snake_42
382 IQ
A bank statement is probably your best bet but even then it's not a guaranteed success. Good luck man.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
Apple has always emailed me a receipt at the point of purchase (even in the physical store)...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
Quote by Novacane...
Chances are the burglary was staged and one of your housemates did it, so yeah, find out which one is the culprit.

you're still mad that your friend burgled your innocence, arent you
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬