Page 1 of 2
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Here's the article...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/business/north-korea-video-youtube-activision/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Here's the video...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=203_1360053143

Also... That CGI is incredible, not to mention the song used that was written by the greatest American pop star who ever lived.

Nice try North Korea. Once again, you look like a jackass.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Why would you rip off Call Of Duty of all games
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by article
The Korean-language caption that scrolls across the screen says, "Black smoke was billowing somewhere in America. Maybe the group of Satan, who has been habitually conducting an invasion war, are burning in the fire they set themselves."

Dat propaganda!

Why is propaganda so bad? I mean, even though it probably has a slightly different meaning in Korean, how many of you want to guess that South Korea was going, "Ya'll niggers is dumb!"?
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one
423 IQ
How the hell did that kid get a canon camera? He must be a spy, working for the Japanese! It's only a matter of time till they get him.
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo
1,443 IQ
Now I might be a dumb American with no knowledge of maps and shit, but please tell me why I am supposed to take North Korea's threats seriously when in their own propaganda video they bomb the middle of the ****ing ocean and pass try to pass it off as America?
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
North Korea will rise again, and when they do, we will be waiting.
Zombee
UG Newbie
146 IQ
I mean, do you think North Korean citizens know better than this? After all they've always lived behind blinders.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one
423 IQ
Quote by macashmack
North Korea will rise again, and when they do, we will be waiting.

Again?
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
The cheesy key change in the music was made worse because of the awful video.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
It's kinda novel that we still live in a world where rogue states like this exist. It won't be too long before North Korea, Iran, etc become a thing of history books.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by ComradSputnik
Again?

Are you forgetting the the great Korean War?
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Carnivean
It won't be too long before North Korea, Iran, etc become a thing of history books.

I'll take that bet.
Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
Quote by blake1221
I'll take that bet.

I'm not saying tomorrow, but very soon. By the end of this century perhaps.
Quote by Overlord
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
I'll take that bet too. Extend it out however far into the future you want, I'll still take it.
ne14t
1,045 IQ
God damn man, I though China had issues with copyright infringements (Re: Top Gun Footage Incident) but North Korea has just taken it to a completely new level. Keep egging other countries on and people will just be itching to nuke them, on the flipside North Korea would make a good parking lot.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one
423 IQ
Quote by ne14t
God damn man, I though China had issues with copyright infringements (Re: Top Gun Footage Incident) but North Korea has just taken it to a completely new level. Keep egging other countries on and people will just be itching to nuke them, on the flipside North Korea would make a good parking lot.

I don't get what the fuss it about on the copyright infringement tbh. Ye they took the video from COD so what, big deal.
Pad Mast3rs
G
104 IQ
It is because of all that anti american attitude they want to share. And they do that by using american protected things ?! Using american culture?! I mean we europeans do that too but not in order to offend americans.
beefcake122
no fun.
350 IQ
Best Korea only choose best vidya, dealwithit.jpg
sunbather is shit
Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
Quote by blake1221
I'll still take that bet haha.

Look at how fast these types of regimes are toppling. It's at such a high rate it's ridiculous. I think countries like North Korea are definitely on deck.
Quote by Overlord
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
But look how strong nations like Iran and China are. They're terrible places, yet are not only strong, but they're fervent in their beliefs. That's a bad combination. I don't doubt that they'll be gone eventually, but your time scale is too short for my optimism.
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one
423 IQ
Quote by Pad Mast3rs
It is because of all that anti american attitude they want to share. And they do that by using american protected things ?! Using american culture?! I mean we europeans do that too but not in order to offend americans.

Well you have to agree that the video fails to spark anti American sentiments as it is a complete failure. In fact it only confirms that N-Korea more primitive than the west. So I was saying: why should we take this video seriously if it fails to fulfil its purpose. The only purpose it has for me is 'lulz maaterial'
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Carnivean
Look at how fast these types of regimes are toppling. It's at such a high rate it's ridiculous. I think countries like North Korea are definitely on deck.

What makes you think this? What evidence besides the regimes in the Middle East toppling during the "Arab Spring"?
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one
423 IQ
Quote by Carnivean

If you're referring to the Arab spring, then you mustn't forget that social media played a significant role in the revolutions. North Korea on the other hand does not have these means of communication and is literally sealed off from the rest of the world.
Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
Quote by blake1221
But look how strong nations like Iran and China are. They're terrible places, yet are not only strong, but they're fervent in their beliefs. That's a bad combination. I don't doubt that they'll be gone eventually, but your time scale is too short for my optimism.

So you acknowledge that they can't last. It's obvious.

And China IS toppling. At least the government is. Little by little, in ways other than intervention from a country like the U.S. And even so, China is not a rogue country. Iran is though. And just because Iran is "fervent" in its beliefs doesn't mean that regime will be able to resist the changing world around them, and the countries around the world that increasingly enforce international law.
Quote by Overlord
Last edited by Carnivean at Feb 7, 2013,
Neer
119 IQ
I'm not really finding this funny :/ Their minds are fucked up beyond comprehension, some day they're really going to do it.
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle
59 IQ
North Korea legitimately frightens me. There is some Holocaust-level shit going down there and nobody cares.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
sock_demon
Ol' Dirty
763 IQ
This thread is now of interest of glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
hue
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
Iran has been around for 1000's of years, its borders were not drawn on a map, they exist geographically, the same borders haven't changed for 1000's of years. I think you are all confusing "Iran" with "Iraq" Iraq's borders have changed constantly through out history, its barely even a country. It is mostly war lords competing with each other trying to gain territory. Iran is rocking an economy, I don't think they'll be leaving soon.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Quote by Jon777
When people make fun of North Korea, it's because of comically evil shit like this.

Exactly this. Their government and leader are like an evil villain in a ridiculous action movie. China, the US and the rest of the world won't let them do anything crazy. China condemns almost all nuclear tests they've done, and just recently backed a UN proposal to condemn any further tests. If they even consider trying anything drastic, they will be taken out quickly and effectively.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle
59 IQ
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Exactly this. Their government and leader are like an evil villain in a ridiculous action movie. China, the US and the rest of the world won't let them do anything crazy. China condemns almost all nuclear tests they've done, and just recently backed a UN proposal to condemn any further tests. If they even consider trying anything drastic, they will be taken out quickly and effectively.

And meanwhile, 10,000 North Koreans starve to death every year and more are sent to concentration camps to be tortured and killed for speaking out against the government.
Hilarious.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Carnivean
So you acknowledge that they can't last. It's obvious.

And China IS toppling. At least the government is.

The Chinese government is as authoritarian as it's ever been. They've just let their economy become more capitalistic. But that's hardly new; it's been 30+ years since they opened their economy to capitalism. They still are heavily authoritarian.