StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
2,585 IQ
Yesterday I switched from 10-46's in E down to 11-54's in D. I've noticed that for a while the intonation on my guitar has been pretty damn close on nearly all strings, and on the ones that it was off on it was only by a few cents. Now that I'm down in D standard, I'd like to set it up real nice, and I know how to do all of it except for the intonation.

From what I understand, I need to loosen the tension on all strings significantly, and then use an allen wrench to adjust it by the bridge? Do I need to loosen the tension or can I just push the string aside/Bend down on the Floyd Rose while I do so?

Also, I've noticed that I now have some string buzz on the lower strings. I know it's just adjusting the side screws, but I've heard that to avoid damaging the knife edges that I should loosen the strings as well. Is this true?

Cheers guys!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Feb 7, 2013,
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
2,585 IQ
Thanks, mate! Rather obvious, I know, but I wanted to see if anyone had any better inside knowledge. It's getting me on the right track for sure.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.