Page 2 of 3
Quote by bradulator
Serious Q. In general I think most of us don't like metal that much. Why do (most of us) not like metal? I haven't figured out a reason other than I just don't like the way it sounds.

The last sentence in your post is the only answer you need.

Now, if you're asking why do most people dislike it then I can give you a good guess.

It's probably because the genre tries to center itself around being aggressive and loud, two things that most people are uncomfortable with. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it more of an acquired taste than more popular genres of Music.
I grew out of it a while ago. I still listen to it occasionally but definitely not enough to call myself a metal head.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by due 07
because bm sounds like spooky shoegaze and grindcore sounds like pv to me. :*>

Grindcore and pv are like brothers anyway.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Grindcore and pv are like brothers anyway.

Brothers that stare at their shoes while butt grinding on each other violently.
I like a lot of metal. It's got the most energy and some of the coolest fans.(Spare for the overly existent nobhead elitests).

My problems with Metal:
Firstly tremelo picking rhythm is pretty uninteresting. Downtuning sounds stupid. Having no melody makes it boring.
Also Death Metal, Cannibal Corpse in particular. They get popular off the gimmick that is their ******ed song titles. Who can actually relate to "Entrails ripped from a virgins cnut"?

All that aside there are some good metal bands. The best gigs are from the heaviest metal.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Metal is great. I don't understand all the hate for it. I mean, there are some things that people say that are valid, like the general wankery of a lot of prog, but the genre as a whole seems to get far more hate than it deserves, and I think people who refuse to listen to metal are really missing out.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Nameless742
I like a lot of metal. [...] My problems with Metal:
Firstly tremelo picking rhythm is pretty uninteresting. Downtuning sounds stupid. Having no melody makes it boring.

So you like a lot of metal, but dislike some of the most important elements of the genre? That is like saying you like a lot of jazz but hate syncopation and chromaticism or saying you like a lot of drum and bass but hate break beats and subbasslines or saying you like a lot of bluegrass but hate the sound of banjo, dobro, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, and upright bass.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Nameless742
Downtuning sounds stupid.

lol, no

If you tune to drop A or some shit just to chug, yea whatever. But most of the time it fits the style of the song really well and it would sound completely different if it was in standard.

Half step down is the best tuning anyway
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Fanbase is total ass. The image is disgusting. Vast majority of the music itself is awful. I listen to like 2-3 metal bands now.
Quote by theogonia777
So you like a lot of metal, but dislike some of the most important elements of the genre? That is like saying you like a lot of jazz but hate syncopation and chromaticism or saying you like a lot of drum and bass but hate break beats and subbasslines or saying you like a lot of bluegrass but hate the sound of banjo, dobro, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, and upright bass.

There is plenty of metal without these elements....right?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Punk is a far superior genre.

I will happily meet up for a fight with any UG'er who disagrees.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M

You sound so eager to provoke someone, you are like the Psychos from Borderlands...especially that Face McShooty guy.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by captainsnazz
cum on den u fukin southen cunt al fuk ya up

lol a fkin frog is actin up.

iv been shakin man since day

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M

pop-punk > punk

/flameshield
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by I.O.T.M

Definitely.

Here's proof.

Green Day > Dream Theater
Quote by WCPhils
pop-punk > punk

/flameshield

I like pop-punk, so I'll allow this post...

S A D B O Y S
Metal is cool if you're like four years old or some shit
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Shawn1379
Definitely.

Here's proof.

I'm no big fan of Green Day, but anything is better than that Dream Theater shite.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M

Okay. If that's what you really want to do.....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Shawn1379

It's funny cuz it's true
___

Quote by The_Blode
You're on the worst website to talk about metal sucking. This is the most pro metal guitar site out there.
Quote by Dimarzio45
You're on the worst website to talk about metal sucking. This is the most pro metal guitar site out there.

ehm... not really.

try the furry forums
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by stonyman65
Okay. If that's what you really want to do.....

Swing if you're gonna swing, I don't give a fuck no more.

Come at me.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by WCPhils

Oh, almost forgot

inb4 Ian

Here we go AGAIN.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by WCPhils
pop-punk > punk

/flameshield

Name one pop punk band
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
A more important question is whether Bob Dylan fans are hearing impaired or deaf because I fail to see how he can be enjoyed any other way.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by I.O.T.M
Swing if you're gonna swing, I don't give a fuck no more.

Come at me.

You can fly over to Jacksonville if you want to.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'm no big fan of Green Day, but anything is better than that Dream Theater shite.

Lol, I was hoping to get a rise out of you by saying GD was the best punk band, or a rise out of someone else by saying DT was the best metal band.

It didn't work though, and now I'm a failure.
Quote by I.O.T.M

You and me, fisticuffs at dawn. Tomorrow at the crack of noon. I shall deliver my fists of fury directly to your face in the name of the mighty Odin.
Quote by Nietsche
fisticuffs at dawn. Tomorrow at the crack of noon.

WHEN THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO MEET?! DAWN OR NOON!?