George Juggles
Tab Contributor
1,309 IQ
Hi people

I have gotten into jazz music, and need a good book with notes and chords (bass line might be good too). I would like to get better at reading notes, so I figure that this is a good way to do it. The music doesn't have to be really easy, but I don't want it to be impossible to play either.

Any suggestions? Needs Notes, chords, and a bass line.

Thanks
George Juggles
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
The Real Book
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
bondmorkret
168 IQ
As mentioned the Realbook is the place to go. There's a few different volumes, you can buy them in hard copy, or download PDFs of them from various nefarious places around the net
cdgraves
43 IQ
I'd get a regular sight reading book, too, so you have some straightforward, skill-based stuff to read.
fearofthemark
UG Fanatic
1,280 IQ
As was mentioned, the real book is your best bet. There's also an application called iReal b that is a Real book sans melody, but you can play along with it and transpose to any key.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

King Of Suede
UG's Unicycling Bassist
883 IQ
learnjazzstandards.com

Super good learning tool for almost any song in the real book.
ehhh I can't recall if they have the lead sheets on the site though.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol