Page 3 of 4
It's got fuck all to do with anything Killswitch. You are legitimately one of the stupidest users on this site. There's not a single topic you know anything about. You just spout off nonsense whenever given the chance. Please go read a book and put down the blunts for a week.
Quote by macashmack
^ I don't smoke boy

Dude although I troll hard sometimes i am not trolling with this thread.

Yeh, I know. That's why I called you an idiot.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeh, I know. That's why I called you an idiot.

I'm an idiot because I don't smoke, or I'm an idiot because I made a thread about astral projection?
Quote by macashmack
I'm an idiot because I don't smoke, or I'm an idiot because I made a thread about astral projection?

The latter
Quote by macashmack

Oops. I didn't pay attention to who you were. I was calling killswitchknot666xxx an idiot, but for the sake of clarity, I think you both are.
I have had more than one outer-body experience. When I first heard of them I thought it was just bullshit, but after I experienced one, it brought up many questions and I started to doubt my initial opinion.

I believe it to be a form of hallucination. The mind is a powerful thing, and can cause you to see all sorts of wild things. The only other rational way to think about it for me (other than the hallucination concept) is that we do indeed have "souls", and my "soul" released itself from my body for a moment. I personally don't believe in souls and therefore do not believe that to be the case.

I was looking down at myself from about 30 feet above, and I looked into my own eyes for a second or two... pretty intense!
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Feb 10, 2013,
Quote by willT08
It's got fuck all to do with anything Killswitch. You are legitimately one of the stupidest users on this site. There's not a single topic you know anything about. You just spout off nonsense whenever given the chance. Please go read a book and put down the blunts for a week.

A planck length is the smallest divisible amount of 'reality', be it time or space. It is measured in light. Which is why I said 'using light as a measurement', which is why I got shouted at.
Okay

Yeah I chat loads of shit on here
I don't come here for real conversations do I
I do it on purpose
it is fun
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Feb 10, 2013,
Quote by willT08
The latter

You're a bum.
Quote by StewieSwan
Oops. I didn't pay attention to who you were. I was calling killswitchknot666xxx an idiot, but for the sake of clarity, I think you both are.

You're a meanie
Quote by Fryer Mike
I have had an outer-body experience.

An "outer-body experience" huh?
Quote by Fryer Mike
I have had an outer-body experience. When I first heard of them I thought it was just bullshit. but after I experienced one, it brought up many questions and I started to doubt my initial opinion.

I believe it to be a form of hallucination. The mind is a powerful thing, and cause you to see all sorts of wild things. The only rational way to think about it for me (other than the hallucination concept) is that we do indeed have "souls", and my "soul" released itself from my body for a moment. I personally don't believe in souls and therefore do not believe that to be the case.

I was looking down at myself from about 30 feet above, and I looked into my own eyes for a i second or two... pretty intense!

Agree with this, and if people read the thread rather than reacting to the first post they would have realized this many a post ago.
If you're gonna go as far as to bully me over the internet at least point out anything that I've said in this thread that's incorrect.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
If you're gonna go as far as to bully me over the internet at least point out anything that I've said in this thread that's incorrect.

Me?

I'll have a field day if you like.
save this crap for another thread please ??
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
ok go

You know I started, but then I got to "Gravity doesn't exist" and my faith that you'd learn anything from it waned.
Nothing exists, man. You're all manifestations of repressed desires in my subconscious. Reality isn't real.

Ron Paul 2008
Quote by StewieSwan
Nothing exists, man. You're all manifestations of repressed desires in my subconscious. Reality isn't real.

Ron Paul 2008

we're still enemies because you called me an idiot, but i have to say, this post is a good post.
our
perceptions
of
reality
aren't
really
what
reality
actually
is

gravity in the way that we perceive it, an apple falling vertically from a tree for example, isn't the true nature of the force, if we lived in Flatland there wouldn't even be a vertical, so our perception of it would change drastically, but it was just an example

a better one would have been of the senses, sight for example, we perceive different wavelengths of light as different colours, but outside of the mind colours don't exist, only different wavelengths of light. Okay. Call me in idiot but do it in the middle of explaining how that's incorrect.
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Feb 10, 2013,
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

gravity in the way that we perceive it, an apple falling vertically from a tree for example, isn't the true nature of the force,.

Quote by captaincrunk
the latter, but at least if you were stoned all the time you'd have an excuse

You're a dumbass.
The reason why I don't engage in actual "Intelligent" arguments in The Pit is because of you guys, and because I lack the ability to explain myself very well and I don' t have enough vocabulary or big words I can use to at least seem smart... but it' s mostly you, you scare me D:
Quote by captaincrunk
the latter, but at least if you were stoned all the time you'd have an excuse

I love you, crunk!
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

both means of 'seeing shit' end up in the same place, and it's the place that they end up that makes us see shit

and it's the place that they end up that makes us see shit

But all that means is that one visual cortex serves two purposes, one in actual vision and one in imagined vision. It doesn't mean that imagined vision is the same thing as actual vision.
That's like saying that rocks are the same as sticks because they can both be held
in a hand.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Wait, you've legit done it? I've never heard of anyone doing it before. I have heard of people being stuck in some weird half awake state where they're conscious but paralyzed. Not that thats the same thing.

And don't rag on the goat/darth maul, because that was me.

That's sleep paralysis and I used to have it constantly at one point...
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Y'all need to chill, theres like, too many bad vibes floating around man.

Personally, I think most of the discussion here could go into the Lucid Dreaming thread.
I astral projected one time when I took synthetic acid. Pretty cool stuff. Never made it out the house though, the rainbows were too intense.
Well, I'm always dreaming of places and forgetting about them until I see them in real life. Then I'm like, "Woah, hey, I had a dream about this place".

I believe they call it 'Soul Flying'.

Like, this happens to me a lot and I don't know why. It's cool though. It's doesn't always look exactly the same, but similar enough for me to remember dreaming about it.

Is that somewhat relevant?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by macashmack
Have you guys ever astral traveled? Do you believe it to be real (even though it is an undisputed scientific fact)?

No and no.

And by the way, it's disputed. It's not scientific. And it's not a fact.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
What?
It's just one poxy spelling mistake, you still understood what it meant so it still served the exact same purpose as it would have if I had spelled it correctly.

Please also note that I have a mild form of dyslexia, it actualy takes quite a lot of concentration for me to spell many things correctly so it could be much worse.

All good man, was just poking fun
Quote by SlackerBabbath
But all that means is that one visual cortex serves two purposes, one in actual vision and one in imagined vision. It doesn't mean that imagined vision is the same thing as actual vision.
That's like saying that rocks are the same as sticks because they can both be held
in a hand.

I didn't say that they were the same thing, aha, I said that they go through the same process, the visual cortex, to make us see stuff. Er go the impulses we get while sleeping are identical to those during waking life. Maybe not AS much in vision, but this is still a scientific fact, I saw it in a documentary once so it MUST be true. It's more accurate to say for the motor cortex, the only reason we don't move is cos muscle receptors are switched off.

But all I were getting at was that all 'sight' is is electric signals in the back of our brain, thats pretty far out. We're never ACTUALLY seeing the thing it is that we think we;re seeing, only our perception.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

But all I were getting at was that all 'sight' is is electric signals in the back of our brain, thats pretty far out. We're never ACTUALLY seeing the thing it is that we think we;re seeing, only our perception.

No it's not. There are 7 year olds that learn this in school and don't make such an insane deal out of it.
Quote by willT08
No it's not. There are 7 year olds that learn this in school and don't make such an insane deal out of it.

Not that I'm siding with either statement but what kind of 7 year olds do you talk to
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
our
perceptions
of
reality
aren't
really
what
reality
actually
is

If there is a reality that is not empirically accessible then it's not a reality we need concern ourselves with.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Not that I'm siding with either statement but what kind of 7 year olds do you talk to

7 year olds who know how seeing works?

Just normal kids
You guys I'm going to delete this thread if you don't get back to topic. This thread is not about reality or perception or any of that, it is about wake induced lucid dreams. If you want to argue about that shit than take it to another thread.