losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/02/08/nj-assembly-committee-clears-death-with-dignity-act/

Apparently my home state is voting on this I think people should be able to end their life if they choose to. So pit what do you think about this?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Let them eat cake.*

*poisoned
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
uh what are they gonna do if someone kills themselves? Arrest them?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Quote by SwaggleyKubrick
aint no dignity in dyin less youz a lil bitch

you are a beautiful person.
you're a stone fox
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
It protects the people surrounding the person who dies, like doctors and family members the helped, since they could be prosecuted.

Oregon has this in place, here's the wiki on it for more info.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
girlgerms007
mostly harmless
133 IQ
It is wrong to involve others. Take the responsibility for your own death on yourself alone.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Quote by girlgerms007
It is wrong to involve others. Take the responsibility for your own death on yourself alone.

what about people who are incapacitated and therefore don't have the ability to commit suicide? The paralyzed, for example.
guitargodofaus
UG Newbie
95 IQ
Quote by captainsnazz
yeah fcool wyh didn't this halpen infinity bajilion years ago

You are quickly becoming my favorite UG'er
girlgerms007
mostly harmless
133 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
what about people who are incapacitated and therefore don't have the ability to commit suicide? The paralyzed, for example.

My father was paralysed and suffered horrendous pain. It is possible to bear pain, bear depression and bear hopelessness. If you choose not to, then find an unassisted way to die - but do not burden others with that memory and that responsibility.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Quote by girlgerms007
My father was paralysed and suffered horrendous pain. It is possible to bear pain, bear depression and bear hopelessness. If you choose not to, then find an unassisted way to die - but do not burden others with that memory and that responsibility.

This isn't about saddling doctors with the burden of HAVING to carry these sorts of operations out, it's about making it so that the doctors that are okay with it are not criminally liable.

People who are ill, in pain and will never recover deserve the option of ending their life. This moral right should take precedent over the feelings of doctors and their families, in my opinion.
catempire
yawn...
146 IQ
Quote by girlgerms007
It is possible to bear pain, bear depression and bear hopelessness. If you choose not to, then find an unassisted way to die - but do not burden others with that memory and that responsibility.

This makes no sense. You are replying to someone that raised the possibility of people that are physically unable to end their own lives and your response is to 'find an unassisted way'? It's impossible in those circumstances by definition.

I also do not like the idea of a terminally ill person being a 'burden' to you simply because they do not wish to suffer. Surely the compassionate thing would be to help end their suffering once all hope of recovery and quality of life has gone and to be able to spend a person's final moments with them, rather than forcing them to go through such an ordeal in secret.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Feb 9, 2013,
girlgerms007
mostly harmless
133 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
This isn't about saddling doctors with the burden of HAVING to carry these sorts of operations out, it's about making it so that the doctors that are okay with it are not criminally liable.

People who are ill, in pain and will never recover deserve the option of ending their life. This moral right should take precedent over the feelings of doctors and their families, in my opinion.

The moral right does not end with the patient. You could be guilted into assisting suicide, you could be pressured. It may be set down as part of your work duties. What you consent to now to assist you may deeply regret when you are older. Laws may change, and governments. The "option" to die has never depended on making this legal, no one will arrest you when you are dead and people, even incapacitated people take their own lives all the time. The issue is the use of others in the process and that can be very messy for them in all kinds of ways long after the patient is dead. The patient's "moral right" is never more important, or should take precedence over, the feelings and rights of other individuals as you stated in your last sentence.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

TheChaz
Other Barry
545 IQ
People should have the right to choose to end their lives and doctors should have the right to opt out of performing the procedures.

This is what we're talking about, right? Didn't read the linky.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,073 IQ
Anyone who opposes this is a cunt.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
beefcake122
no fun.
350 IQ
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Anyone who opposes this is a cunt.

now now let's not be hasty
sunbather is shit
Goth JR
173 IQ
Kill em all I say
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Like laws are going to stop them?

If someone really wants to kill themselves, they are going to do it. No laws for or against anything is going to stop that.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,073 IQ
Quote by stonyman65
Like laws are going to stop them?

If someone really wants to kill themselves, they are going to do it. No laws for or against anything is going to stop that.

The purpose of the law is to protect doctors who assist in suicide from legal trouble. So if a terminally ill patient wishes to cut off their own life support with the doctor's help, the doctor won't get prosecuted.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
The purpose of the law is to protect doctors who assist in suicide from legal trouble. So if a terminally ill patient wishes to cut off their own life support with the doctor's help, the doctor won't get prosecuted.

Good.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.