I know it's just a starter guitar, but I put a few mods into this one. When I got it, it had Epiphone pickups in it, and they sounded like absolute garbage. So I swapped them with Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders, Neck and Bridge. Added a kill switch, painted the pickguard. IN the process of buying black hardware. All that's left are the bridge and the tuners. Anyway, here are some pics.
Whole guitar

Pickups

Body

Shred Monster
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Thanks guys. It plays extremely well for a low end guitar, and with the invaders it has such a thick sound. I know it looks like red and yellow in the pics, but it was taken with a phone... It's actually an orange pickguard with bright green pickups, also not a combination you'd think would work but I've gotten nothing but compliments on it.
Cool axe i to am a fan of the invader pups lots of hate out there for them
because of a certain metal guitarist. Color combo rocks
I was going to say it looks green to me. I actually have a blue one that is pretty much brand new. I got it, played it a few times, and didn't like the way it felt.
Looks like a proper 80's Ibanez! I imagine with a good fret level, a good nut, and a set of locking tuners it would be incredible, especially for its price point.
I guess I got one of the good ones... I have never had it go out of tune, except when changing strings, even with heavy use of the tremolo. I'm planning on getting locking tuners too. For the price, I can't think of anything that beats it.
Nice mods!

I've had my GRX20 for a decade. It's been through hell, tours, moves, bands, studios, and abuse. Play it every day.