Page 2 of 4

One of my proudest achievements is being able to play My Lovely Horse on guitar.
Last edited by LostLegion at Feb 11, 2013,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by LostLegion
One of my proudest achievements is being able to play My Lovely Horse on guitar.

As long as you lose the sax solo.
-wake up
-turn on computer
-open up browser
-sees first story on homepage
-goes onto UG
-sees this thread
-sees how other UGers feel

It's a fine day indeed.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by element4433
The last time it happened was like the 14th century

Last time any pope did it voluntarily was in the 12th. there was also 3 other popes when the 14th century one did it, so I don't think that really counts
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Schism)

He probably got dementia or something.
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Feb 11, 2013,
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Dave Mustaine for Pope!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
space pope for pope

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
i hope the new pope is super evil :-)

Paeophile-harbouring ex-Nazi not evil enough for you? You got high standards, man.
Quote by daytripper75
Grumpy Cat for Pope!

this made me spit out a bit of coffee!
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Paeophile-harbouring ex-Nazi not evil enough for you? You got high standards, man.

none but the best for the catholic doom machine
Ah, love Frankie Boyle.

This is honestly one of the better bits of news I've heard recently.
ITT: British people
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Pfft, he didn't even have the balls to push through his illness and die in office.

pussy.

Best response.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Thank ****. He was a nasty man and a terrible role model.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

We need children popes again like they did in the middle ages
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I don't know, maybe it'd make more sense that way. Trying to throw the Church a bone here.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
i thought he was a decent pope. not well-liked, but that's not really his job. john paul II i think deserves the brunt of the pedophilia blame really. but most people have cast more blame on benedict for some reason. probably because he's a lot less "likeable."

i'll miss him. he tried to restore a lot of tradition to the catholic church. and even though his detractors will say they forced his hand or it was too little too late, he did say condoms could be considered morally permissible depending on the circumstances amongst other things.

and, well, i'll just paste this stuff from thinkprogress:

– Addressing climate change. Benedict was dubbed the “Green Pope” for his commitment to environmental concerns. He boosted “efforts to make Vatican City more environmentally efficient,” used “Roman Catholic doctrine to emphasize humanity’s responsibility to care for the planet,” and called on world leaders to “agree on a responsible, credible and supportive response to this worrisome and complex phenomenon, keeping in mind the needs of the poorest populations and of future generations.”

– A fair and equitable economy. “[T]he economy cannot be measured only by maximization of profit but rather according to the common good,” he said in 2011 during a visit to Spain. In a 2009 treatise, the pontiff called for protections for “labour unions — which have always been encouraged and supported by the Church,” the elimination of world hunger through “wealth redistribution,” the protection of the “natural environment” — “God’s gift to everyone” — from unchecked economic expansion, and a strengthened “family of nations,” like the U.N. with “real teeth.”

– Universal health care. At an international papal conference on health care in November of 2010, at the Vatican, Pope Benedict and other Catholic church leaders said it is the “moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.” Saying access to adequate medical care is one of the “inalienable rights” of man, the pope said, “Justice in health care should be a priority of governments and international institutions.” Catholic bishops, however, led the charge against Obamacare’s contraception requirements and have rejected the Obama administration’s latest compromise.

– Immigration reform. Pope Benedict had been a supporter of U.S. immigrants, regardless of their legal status, urging the Bush administration to treat immigrants with human dignity. The United States must do “everything possible to fight…all forms of violence so that immigrants may lead dignified lives,” the pope said when asked if he would address the issue of Latin American immigrants with Bush in 2008.

anyway, i think he was a good pope in that he championed some progressive causes (obviously he's not going to suddenly become pro-choice or anything) while also trying to bring back the traditions of the catholic church, most notably the tridentine mass. i know it's not a popular opinion though. not really going to bother arguing with anyone. i'm sure they have valid enough reasons for disliking him too.
#DTWD
Quote by lushacrous
We need children popes again like they did in the middle ages

Bone throwing is the Church's business, hence the molestation.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Tsar66
what would you even do after being the Pope?

Work on a solo album.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Tsar66
what would you even do after being the Pope?

Wait around and then do a comeback tour

EDIT: Black guy leading the betting. That'd be interesting
Hilary Clinton is available
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by willT08
Wait around and then do a comeback tour

EDIT: Black guy leading the betting. That'd be interesting

Is it Lenny Henry?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S