I bought this guitar many a moon ago, and the middle pickup has never worked. I decided to take it out to see if there was anything obviously broken on it but I can't see anything. So I have turned to the infinite wisdom of the internet to see if I can fix it.

Pics:

Any ideas?

Sorry for the large images
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Feb 12, 2013,
Quote by Whiteboy_az
Was it properly wired to begin with? Pics don't do a great job of telling that.

Everything was soldered on pretty well, I even tried reconnecting it, to no avail.
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
get a multimeter and check the resistance of the coils both at the ends of the wires you connect to and where they come straight out of the pick up

if you dont see any resistance its possible the coil was broken and your kinda screwed if that happened

but its likely that it just wasnt wired up well
Quote by supersac
get a multimeter and check the resistance of the coils both at the ends of the wires you connect to and where they come straight out of the pick up

if you dont see any resistance its possible the coil was broken and your kinda screwed if that happened

but its likely that it just wasnt wired up well

I don't have access to a multimeter at the moment, but I feel I should have mentioned, there is almost no output coming form it, I can just about hear notes when I have said pickup selected with high gain on an amp. Does that sound like broken coil to you?
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲