chad120
454 IQ
I love the feel of the strings on my nylon-stringed classical guitar. It's very smooth and almost slick against my fingers. However, that says the opposite of the nickelwounds on my electric. Is there a way to achieve the smoothness of the classical guitar on my electric? Or what set of electric guitar strings feels the smoothest and slickest?
Check out my music on my profile
Dellinger1988
UG's only Krank
548 IQ
Mmm, D'Addario Half Rounds?
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
ragingkitty
meow?
1,727 IQ
GHS Fast Fret String cleaner.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by ragingkitty
GHS Fast Fret String cleaner.

+1

That ish is great. Use it all the time. That plus some Elixirs would be slick as shit with a lot of fibre in it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
1,335 IQ
Cobalt strings maybe?

Dat butter...
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
NOSPI
77 IQ
Elixirs? I've found they're a little smoother than D'addarios and ernie balls i'd used before, they last a bit longer. I wouldn't say they're smooth like nylon strings though.
Sakke
Chaser of 'Tone'
909 IQ
Quote by cdr_salamander
Cobalt strings maybe?

Dat butter...

+1 for Cobalt. I like my Ernie Ball Cobalt strings, they're really smooth FOR electric guitar strings. They are not going to be as smooth as nylon strings, that'd be insane. I like to have some grit.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

MetalFriend
That Dude Over There
439 IQ
Ernie Ball Flatwound Jazz strings always seemed really smooth to me. That would be the closest to nylons in my opinion.
It's not so much that the Schecter's neck is ''fat'', it's that the Ibanez neck is anorexic.

Quote by rid_the_disease
Stare at me while I suck on your face
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
3,030 IQ
d'addario exl116's. its like somebody rubbed vasoline all over them. (insert wanking off joke here)
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......
188 IQ
Polyweb elixirs. Slickest strings I've come across.
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by bburritt1
Polyweb elixirs. Slickest strings I've come across.

this is what i would recommend too. If you want strings that feel slick (and stay that way for a very long time) but still want the round-wound tone, Polywebs are the best choice imo.

The wound strings have a polymer coating wrapped around the windings which makes them feel very slick and smooth, and the plain strings never seem to develop a rough surface due to the rust-proof plating.

only problem is, polywebs are only available in 2 gauges (9-42 or 10-46) and aren't widely distributed outside of north america
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
cip 123
546 IQ
Kerly strings, I got some with my Lace pickups and they're the best I've ever used really smooth and sound good for a long time.
gerraguitar
856 IQ
flatwounds
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
danvwman
91 IQ
Elixers or DRs coated, smooth and last a long time.

Cobalts felt rough to me and corroded way too fast. So I would disagree with those
What the hell!!!
ConfederateAxe
Thread Assassin
1,822 IQ
Quote by gerraguitar
flatwounds

This. Flatwounds feel amazingly smooth.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
bastards
Dirigo
652 IQ
D'addario makes a dependable Jazz flatwound. I've always bought the 13s for when I'm feeling them and always slap em on a Tele. I have a suspicion that the super light gauge (8-38) feel smoother than heavier gauges, aswell.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Ferrets!
Awwwww yeeeeeaaaah.
133 IQ
Gonna disagree with the cobalt strings. They felt pretty rough and dry when I tried them. Either get some fast fret, or try flatwound strings. Flatwound strings tend to sound a lot darker though.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.