Hi, i sing in a hard rock band (vocals like nirvana, foo fighters etc). Im a bass
/baritone, going from C# (two octaves below middle c) to E (right over middle c). Im not that great singer, so i want to: get better at singing overall, get better at falsetto/head/mixed voice and get a wider range (in the upper register).
I tought if i used 10 minutes of vocal exersizes to improve my singing every day, i would have a concistency that i would benefit alot from in tge long run. So for 10 (or 15 mins a day), what exersizes shuld i be doing to benefit most of? Thanks
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Feb 13, 2013,
I'm not a singer, but I do vocal training on daily basis (approx. 30 min / day). I use David Lucas Burge course on Perfect and Relative pitch. Basically he gives you some exercesises to do on each lesson - sometimes differnt for each kind of instruments you play. Before taking this lessons I was barely able to sing a clear pitch in range from low A to high E. What I do now is just singing some intervals (mainly perfect 5ths and 4ths) and for the most time of traning I just play random intervals (from minor 2nd up to octave + perfect 5th) and chords with 3 notes trying to hear and sing each pitch separately. After a couple of days I'm able to sing from low G to high F# and for sure I can go in like a month to low F# to high G. Maybe try some of this exercises or take a look on the course I mentioned.
Last edited by krajew4 at Feb 13, 2013,
10 minutes isn't very long. Thats not even long enough to warm up your voice really. I'd shoot for 30 to 60 minutes using a good singing program, theres many out there. I can reccommend Singing Success since ive seen good results from it. I should also reccommend first that you see a vocal coach if you take singing seriously, best results come from a coach.
Usernames sucks,
I'm not saying I'm a good singer and I have taken no formal training. But for me, singing in the car, with music playing that I like, while I am commuting helps me. Some people laugh at me (in other cars), or smile; I don't mind.