i am recently new been playing since november and i recently got my first electric guitar! its a (fender stratocaster ) i know how to play guitar but when playing a song it never sounds similar to the actually song.
i'm into i guess punk kind of or post-harcore bands like all time low, mayday parade, sleeping with sirens, pierce the veil, etc etc... so what should i have my amp set to?
When i was learning electric i was into that kinda genre and used to always get pissed and think it was my tone, until i learned i just wasn't nearly as good at tuning as i thought i was. Take the time to really be in tune, then throw on a decent amount of distortion with bass, mid, treble set to 5 each and adjust from there. hope that helps!
Fender Frontman 15 is completely fine for practice, but not even remotely sufficient in trying to get punk/post-hardcore tones. Buy a Peavey Vypyr or deal with the tone of the Fender...or get a few pedals.
I have this same amp and the drive mode is the kind of tone i'm looking for but its really crappy quality.. does anyone know any pedals that will give a similar tone but better quality?
Quote by RyanNewton11
I have this same amp and the drive mode is the kind of tone i'm looking for but its really crappy quality.. does anyone know any pedals that will give a similar tone but better quality?
Ask in the guitar accessories forum. Check out the stickies before making a thread.

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown