Page 1 of 4
i was on facebook after my worthless attempt at learning waves of babies and i scroll down and this post captured my attention:

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

so after reading thru it i post my opinion:

many people have observed the process of evolution at work, here are 8.
http://listverse.com/2011/11/19/8-examples-of-evolution-in-action/
if you wanted to use evolution as an example of proving god to be real or fake, you are wrong. you are already wrong, you didnt even say anything yet, how can you be wrong? well, its like trying to argue whether or not global warming exists and bringing up how my oven is getting cooler ever time i use it. it isnt related in any way shape or form. if you were to set up a mathematical proof, evolution would not be a listed theorem in the proof, because it isnt proof or disproof. its just a fact, like heat.

heat is a word used to describe temperature which is a word used to describe the amount of energy of molecules in a system. molecules are just a word to describe ext ext ext. the only way we can talk about anything is by using these descriptions. we have no other way of communicating ideas.

with that being said, the argument should have not gone that way. the professor should have said, son, you keep using this term god. you are describing these abstract ideas uing the word god. because the word youve used to associate the idea of god. but you arent describing god. you are describing the universe and its natural order. the universe doesnt need a god for it to do the things you think god is doing. the unvierse created itself. the universe makes you move around. the universe makes you think. the universe gives people ideas liek the piano. god didnt do any of that. god is almost like a synonym for "fundamental laws of the universe" except it isnt a synonym because its wrong. its more like a misspelling. an error humans catch onto and repeat over and over agian cuz its easy. like aint. aint aint a word. but its easy to say and it seems to fit the sentences we use it in.

faith is like an excuse to belive something you actually have no proof your self. if faith wasnt a word, or an idea, what would you tell people? if an alien race came to our planet in peace, and asked for our planets history. we would tell them god created this plaenet and all of us people. but we have no proof other than a poorly written book full of lies and false information. and we have faith. except you cant say faith because it isnt a word in my hypothetical situation. you have no other word because faith ahs always been your excuse.

either way this alien species would laugh at us for thinking a god created them specifically, in 7 days, without dinosaurs.

then he responded with this:

Dude you better pray to my God that I wake up tomorrow and I let go of this anger. I told you to be careful how you speak about my God. I told you I love Him more than my family. I had warned you. You better pray to my God for Him to talk to me tonight, though it may be sin to hurt someone, you have crossed the line. My wisdom comes from God, yours comes from your arrogance. Your scared to sleep so you smoke pathetic, guess what, I've been attacked by demons at night, I've been dragged out of bed, I've been choked by black silhouettes that I've seen with my own eyes and touched with my own hands, I've had marks left on my body. Yet do you see me make excuses why I can't sleep? Are you gonna say being dragged out of bed was an illusion of my head or the universe did that? That the marks on my neck after being choked were self inflicted when they appeared right after the incident? I never once disrespected your beliefs, I never once purposely try to disrespect you
Just pray, cuz this, you pushed it too far. I wish I could text my thoughts at the moment, but cops can read messages.

so, i think he is completely insane. did i deserve this response?
By the way, that student was EINSTEIN

I lost it here.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

i was certain it didnt happen.
and that would piss him off. hes already flored. he wants to kick my ass
Nigga you're being trolled
And Animals as leaders suck
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
what? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA
im at least half of those views

and how am i being trolled. he is like this. its not a joke. hes seriously mad.

Do u know him irl
Quote by slapsymcdougal
tl;dr
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i was on facebook after my worthless attempt at learning waves of babies and i scroll down and this post captured my attention:

so after reading thru it i post my opinion:

then he responded with this:

so, i think he is completely insane. did i deserve this response?

Of course you didn't deserve that response, as a Christian, the guy you were debating with is not supposed to judge others, he's supposed to be forgiving and treat others as he wishes to be treated himself.
I ain't reading all that

Saw the word Christian and my first thought was

Nobody is correct
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by anvil is god
There are two possibilities. You are a massive twat, or you are lying. Pick one.

Any chance of you explaining your opinion about the TS?
"Never poke a man's house of cards, it may fall down on both of you."

-Mystical_1
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by anvil is god
There are two possibilities. You are a massive twat, or you are lying. Pick one.

i am not lying, i know him. hes just like that, but we had previously gotten in an argument about my ex girlfriend. he insisted she cheated on me because his cheated on him, and i even asked her myself today and she said no. but my friend insists if he interrogated her shes come clean.

then i apparently insult him by talking about god.
Your reply to his first message wasn't really that great (there wasn't much wrong with it, it just wasn't really that good, sorry), but WOW that was an overreaction from him...

I don't understand why people think they can broadcast opinions like that and then get surprised or even angry when someone challenges it.
my response wasnt that great? eh, its just how i felt about the first 3/4s of his post. but instead of commenting back he did that?
Quote by MadClownDisease
Your reply to his first message wasn't really that great (there wasn't much wrong with it, it just wasn't really that good, sorry), but WOW that was an overreaction from him...

I don't understand why people think they can broadcast opinions like that and then get surprised or even angry when someone challenges it.

Agreed.

If people don't want their opinions to be challenged, they obviously shouldn't broadcast them in public.
Who cares, just move on with your life and let him move on with his
One thing I really hate about most atheist metalheads its their newfound "status" of "awesomness" that they thinkbgives them the right to badmouth religion in every way: guess what dipshit just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you're better than anyone. Let everyone vmbelieve in their own gods or in none akd chill the **** out. It's not like you're going to change their opinions so what. And they usually complain about jehovah witnesses, which is hypocritical at best (sp) Im guessing you dont think of yourself as a metalhead syickyjizzypepper, but I just felt like ranying /rant
Quote by slapsymcdougal
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by Ometh
One thing I really hate about most atheist metalheads its their newfound "status" of "awesomness" that they thinkbgives them the right to badmouth religion in every way: guess what dipshit just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you're better than anyone. Let everyone vmbelieve in their own gods or in none akd chill the **** out. It's not like you're going to change their opinions so what. And they usually complain about jehovah witnesses, which is hypocritical at best (sp) Im guessing you dont think of yourself as a metalhead syickyjizzypepper, but I just felt like ranying /rant

Gotta love the hypocritical way that you just started that post by saying that people shouldn't argue about religion and should just 'move on'.... then start calling him names for being an atheist.... then have a go at people who you consider to be 'hypocritical'.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Feb 14, 2013,
Quote by Ometh

Why did you have to use an assumption and generalization to form an argument against me? I am not trying to look smart or awesomer than anyone I gave my opinion on someone else's opinion. argue my opinion not who you thi k I am
I might have come off cocky saying some ballsy things but that's how you ignite a discussion. And I like discussions. i like trying to vibrate at the same frequency some else is with our shared ideas. Bit tjat wasn't the case at all lol
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Gotta love the hypocritical way that you just started that post by saying that people shouldn't argue about religion and should just 'move on'.... then start calling him names for being an atheist.

I'm an atheist so I guess I'm including myself on that group, and that sounds about right since I used to do the same thing.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Thrashtastic15
think you need to chill out, try smoking more mate.

You are a smart man. I shall smoke more of the ganja from the forbidden chalice!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why did you have to use an assumption and generalization to form an argument against me? I am not trying to look smart or awesomer than anyone I gave my opinion on someone else's opinion. argue my opinion not who you thi k I am

I wasnt trying to form an argument against you, im just saying to live and let live. I used the example about metalheads because i just felt like venting atm, and i didn't include you in them. I thought i had madebthat clear with the whole youre not a metalhead thibg but I guess I didn't woops. And it feels awesome to type withouth no regard for pontuation or spelling, i feel so freeeeee i might fly todayyy
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Okay TS...... good job starting yet another worthless discussion about religion.

seriously, there has been war about the subject, and there is never any conclusion about who is right simply because NOBODY KNOWS. accept the crap out of that and move on, let people who share religious crap like that life there lives and keep learning waves of babies.

also there is no god.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
^ see? Thats what i meant. He said whst i wanted to say woithouth my bad generalization that misled everyone
meh wtv felt good to show my inner dumbass on the internet that feels good
Edit: not this post, the one above it
Unless you beat him off into your mouth, that sounds about right. If u do that record it and send the video of it, im interest in how it'll work out, and just that. Ok imma jack off to it
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Feb 14, 2013,
both evolution and creationism are quite far-fetched imo

EDIT: Overall, religion to me is just a set of morals and values that people follow that are represented by a deity. Once they follow these values for their whole life, they get rewarded.

It's stupid.
Last edited by yoman297 at Feb 14, 2013,
Quote by Ometh
I used the example about metalheads because i just felt like venting atm, and i didn't include you in them. I thought i had madebthat clear with the whole youre not a metalhead thibg but I guess I didn't woops.

But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?

Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
seriously, there has been war about the subject, and there is never any conclusion about who is right simply because NOBODY KNOWS.

I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Feb 14, 2013,
youre saying animals and humans would never learn to adapt and grow and improve upon their lives gradually for millions of years?

i wana know why sea life decided to set foot outside on land and how population grew. did a fish climb up and in his excitement dive back in screaming hey guys its awesome up there! then we grew and birds happened and now animals are running back into the sea when theyre born.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?.

Yes, that's just how I work: If I insult you I wanna be at peace with you. Asshole.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
His reply is out of line, complete overreaction.
But why did you feel the need to reply? The guys allowed his opinion and his beliefs, and the internet is not the place for that kind of debate as it always turns into an argument with people just slinging shit at each other...
Page 1 of 4