Page 4 of 5
Quote by eGraham
It's a good thing that, in my mind, everyone speaks American.

Good thing that they don't in real life though, isn't it?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Good thing in real life that they don't, isn't that it?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Scottish, especially the Ayrshire accent. Simon Neil has such a great voice.

On a related note, as someone said earlier in the thread, Amy McDonald has the nicest voice ever

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by Trowzaa
Essex. The cancer of England. Essex is basically our equivalent of the nob heads on Jersey Shore.

This is true Yorkshire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6o8A9v5e0

Or at least, that's pretty close to my accent. Where he's from is about 50 miles from where I'm from.

Aw :c well that doesn't mean their accents are cancerous!

I can't really understand that either. I wish I could so I could talk to people from Yorkshire. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if we met irl and I couldn't understand you but you could understand me.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Aw :c well that doesn't mean their accents are cancerous!

I can't really understand that either. I wish I could so I could talk to people from Yorkshire. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if we met irl and I couldn't understand you but you could understand me.

that's actually happened to me before, my brother's german/hungarian friend. His accent's so thick that I can't understand a word he says ;_; We went around town together once, it's even worse when he's drunk. He started shouting at people in german.

Quote by Trowzaa
that's actually happened to me before, my brother's german/hungarian friend. His accent's so thick that I can't understand a word he says ;_; We went around town together once, it's even worse when he's drunk. He started shouting at people in german.

yeah I wouldn't want for something like that to happen

actually the same thing happened to me a few days ago, I was with this girl from HK and I literally could not understand a word she was saying. I can speak a bit of chinese but my chinese is different from her chinese and I don't know what we talked about for 3 hours. I think I asked her what her major was 4 times and in the end I just gave up and checked her fb profile on my phone. super sneaky
cat
My brother's fiancee had some family over from Manchester for a vacation. I met them and could not understand what they were on about most of the time. Europeans need to learn to speak American.
Quote by Trowzaa
Essex. The cancer of England. Essex is basically our equivalent of the nob heads on Jersey Shore.

I don't know anyone who sounds like the twats from the only way is Essex. And I spend a fair amount of time in Brentwood.

The Essex stereotype pisses me off because while there are people who fit it, the vast majority here are just regular people. Just like anywhere else in the world.

The stereotypical Essex accent is horrendous however. I'm glad I don't know anyone who sound like that.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Croydon or Essex, 1 of the 2 is England's Crud Bucket.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
OMG, I've met that guy who owns the Shore Store on the boardwalk from that show in Seaside Heights NJ, advised not to get this hat for my GF in London because
"It's for black people"
He had longer hair back then, reminded me of Jack Black, this was 2004 before I even heard of that show.
I said
"My girlfriend's black."
and left the store.

Great place though.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Accents... In New Jersey, you don't say water, you say
"walder."
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"

Croydon accent. Do you mean cockney?

Croydon accent is actually worse than Cockney, I know one person wth it who's got that classic Croydon accent... It is pretty bad.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion
Croydon or Essex, 1 of the 2 is England's Crud Bucket.

Croydon. Definitely Croydon.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I say Essex, tbh.

and I've been Americanised with my accent, sorta, IDK, I sound funny.

British, but, funny.
Quote by laid-to-waste
CROYDON VS ESSEX GO

SMACKDOWNNNNNNNN
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by laid-to-waste
Ho, jeez
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Croydon's the shithole of the world.

Home Sweet Home, **** off

@ Trowza
Quote by laid-to-waste
"I'll mash you up yeah"

I'll mash u up like potatoes m8
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Croydon:

Essex:

Bring it, bitch!
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by DESTROYER5000
Hhhhwhat ah you talging m'bout.

wait, what?

What kind of Puerto Rican have you met?

Also, to my knowledge not every Puero Rican have an accent, and the only ones that I've heard speak in a weird "Accent" are the ones that live in the "ghetto" which I find pretty annoying, specially since I know this girl that used to speak proper English, then when she moved to the united states and lived there for few years she started speaking like a ****** for some reason, but not all Puerto Ricans have the same accent.
Quote by VillainousLatin
wait, what?

What kind of Puerto Rican have you met?

Also, to my knowledge not every Puero Rican have an accent, and the only ones that I've heard speak in a weird "Accent" are the ones that live in the "ghetto" which I find pretty annoying, specially since I know this girl that used to speak proper English, then when she moved to the united states and lived there for few years she started speaking like a ****** for some reason, but not all Puerto Ricans have the same accent.

The Luis Guzman accent is the one that I'm talking about dude or chick, I find it quite annoying, nothing offensive to you as I have not met you in person.
Quote by DESTROYER5000
The Luis Guzman accent is the one that I'm talking about dude or chick, I find it quite annoying, nothing offensive to you as I have not met you in person.

http://youtu.be/XZtv63J7x9k

Like that?

I know it's nothing towards me specifically, but I just found it weird that you said Puerto Rican accent when not everyone from here speaks the same.

Also, that man must have some kind of speech impediment.....
Quote by VillainousLatin
http://youtu.be/XZtv63J7x9k

Like that?

I know it's nothing towards me specifically, but I just found it weird that you said Puerto Rican accent when not everyone from here speaks the same.

Also, that man must have some kind of speech impediment.....

I've seen other people from Puerto Rico speak like that so I was wondering because I find that accent quite annoying.
Quote by DESTROYER5000
I've seen other people from Puerto Rico speak like that so I was wondering because I find that accent quite annoying.

Well it depends, if they are from the island the only accent anyone could have is probably called lack of practice since we don't usually speak English here. If they were raised in the US, well, I don't know but still I think they might sound better that Luis Guzman (except when they try to speak very ghetto like).
Quote by VillainousLatin
Well it depends, if they are from the island the only accent anyone could have is probably called lack of practice since we don't usually speak English here. If they were raised in the US, well, I don't know but still I think they might sound better that Luis Guzman (except when they try to speak very ghetto like).

There was some lady on what not to wear and she sounded like him in girl form and I found it very annoying.
Quote by VillainousLatin
That was probably the problem then.

Then it's probably the Puerto Rican ghetto accent that I find annoying.
Quote by whywefight
Just hating on the lower class

Are you kidding me? I'm lower class, I had to save for 2 years before I could buy my 150$ amp, I can't even afford a leather guitar strap so shut up! Thank you.
Just about any accent seems to make me all tingly inside. My main favorites are probably Russian, German, British and arabian. I also work with a few people that are straight from italy and guyana, I get a "kick" out of their accents as well.
^ Yeah that's Scottish. Couldn't tell you what part of Scotland though.
- Dara O'Briain