Page 2 of 5
Well yeah.
I mean, if u look at a map North America is just floatin in the middle of the water, dangerously close to the left side of the world.
We'll fall off eventually, whenever the water current gods decide.

It's basic geometry really.
What exactly do you mean by fall?

I think eventually we will lose the power we have around the world. We won't be able to station troops around the world, we'll call them back, struggle within ourselves, maybe have a little civil war.

Then we will rebuild.

But no one is going to invade us. No country except for maybe Russia has the power to move large numbers of troops like we do.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Perhaps you should consider how Britain conquered India.

But America already has a flag.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I'm not gonna read that, But history is shown to repeat itself so sure why not?

Pretty much this.
There was some quote about America being like the Romans and how it was soo great, it fell under its own greatness and how America is no different. Or something like that.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Sure, the USA will "fall" eventually, but not for the reasons listed in the OP. The Samsung, HTC, and LG smartphones are running Android, developed by Google, and using processors based on ARM architecture, many of the processors manufactured by Qualcomm or Texas instruments. The PC market, even though Lenovo, Samsung, ASUS, and Acer are huge players, are shipping PCs with Windows, developed by Microsoft, and running either an Intel or AMD processor.

And somehow I doubt the fall of the USA will be caused by those Koreans being too damn good at Starcraft(developed by Blizzard)...
Maybe in England's wet dreams.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I think there will be a revolution either at the hands of a great leader or an incompetent one. Until then we'll keep playing our media controlled partisan games.

I agree that an economic disaster is just about the only way it will fall, but I could also see a world war AGAINST the US.

Quote by bradulator
Maybe in England's wet dreams.

This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Well, we know that mass globalization is happening in proportion with technological advancements. So in that regard, there is something to be said about the boarders coming down in the future.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
If we do fall, please god let us fall with straight and even teeth.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

ITT: Every Redditor and/or Pit Monkey's fantasies.

Might as well have S[weed]en take over the planet while you're at it.

EDIT: Almost forgot, everybody will be euphoric and enlightened by their own intelligence.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Feb 17, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Pretty much this.
There was some quote about America being like the Romans and how it was soo great, it fell under its own greatness and how America is no different. Or something like that.

America is very different than Ancient Rome.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Best Korea will prevail.

Because they've got mother****in' unicorns.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Elaborate?

The US and Ancient Rome do have similarities, much of it coming from the fact that they are both "top dog" in a way, but they exist in completely different contexts. Saying that the America will fall "under it's own greatness" (what ever the hell that means) like Rome did is a gross oversimplification of history.

The whole "history repeats itself" idea irks me as well. Sure, things sort of go in cycles, but there are new things happening all the time. When in world history has one of two great "empires" suddenly dissolve itself rather peacefully? When in world history did we have the means to communicate almost instantly around the globe?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The USA and Rome are different, because the USA is not build on the militairy overthrow of an entire continent. What region do you think wants to seperate themselves from the USA? Alaska?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Uhh long wall of text for a simple answer. YES. OF COURSE. When? I have no idea, but nothing lasts forever.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by magnus_maximus
It.. kind of is.

Oh yeah I'm sorry, I didn't see it was you whom I was talking to.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
The USA and Rome are different, because the USA is not build on the militairy overthrow of an entire continent. What region do you think wants to seperate themselves from the USA? Alaska?

Well it is, it's just that the Native Americans are only a small minority in America now.

Edit:
Yea, what the other guy said.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well it is, it's just that the Native Americans are only a small minority in America now.

Edit:
Yea, what the other guy said.

Ok, but that's quite different from the Roman Empire who were a minority in their own empire.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by magnus_maximus
So the subjugation of the Native Americans doesn't count as the overthrow of a continent because they were massacred almost to extinction?

By the Europoors.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by magnus_maximus
So the subjugation of the Native Americans doesn't count as the overthrow of a continent because they were massacred almost to extinction?

It's my phrasing of the thing. I meant that Rome's power was entirely dependent on their ability to use their military might to keep the overthrown factions under their reign. As the Romans didn't have the numbers any more to hold that kind of area + some other problems, their empire collapsed and all races broke free.

The USA does not need to be scared on the indians, and therefore has less chance of collapsing under its own policies. If it does collapse it will be because of a different reason.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by magnus_maximus
East/West Rome

But it wasn't exactly by choice and there were plenty of external pressures. And I don't think they were as ready to kill each other as the US and USSR were.

--

Rome didn't "overthrow" a continent. They conquered lands around the Mediterranean Sea, a fact that was a very important factor of their success. Sea travel was faster than land travel, and as the started to expand farther and farther away from water, it became harder to keep the peace and establish Roman authority in those regions.

Further, the US doesn't need to keep expanding to prosper to survive like Rome did.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
But it wasn't exactly by choice and there were plenty of external pressures. And I don't think they were as ready to kill each other as the US and USSR were.

--

Rome didn't "overthrow" a continent. They conquered lands around the Mediterranean Sea, a fact that was a very important factor of their success. Sea travel was faster than land travel, and as the started to expand farther and farther away from water, it became harder to keep the peace and establish Roman authority in those regions.

Further, the US doesn't need to keep expanding to prosper to survive like Rome did.

The conquered till the North of the Netherlands, parts of Britain and Germany.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
The conquered till the North of the Netherlands, parts of Britain and Germany.

And that's around the time they stopped expanding so much into the rest of Europe. It was also harder to do since the people living in much of un-Romanized Europe were nomadic. Most of the people Rome conquered were already living a pretty sedentary lifestyle, so being conquered by Rome wasn't a big upset to them.

Quote by magnus_maximus
Then why are you the world's police if not to maintain overseas assets?

The way Rome needed to expand was partly because of their military. They needed the army in order to conquer land. They also needed land because they gave each retiree land and money on conquered land, an incentive for enlistment. This cycle starts to break down when expansion slows.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Feb 17, 2013,
Quote by rockingamer2
Saying that the America will fall "under it's own greatness" (what ever the hell that means) like Rome did is a gross oversimplification of history.
Basically because Romans destroyed Rome because they let their economy fall apart and did nothing about it until it was too late.

I dunno. I remember that movie "Lions for Lambs" going into depth about this. It made sense when I watched it.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The states will eventually secede in the long run. States are now defying federal laws so that they can enforce their own.

I feel like the US will eventually become similar to the EU. Each state will have its own constitution and will help other states in their time of need without an official ruling of the federal government.

Or it could all end up like the Judge Dredd universe, where cities are now combined to create mega cities divided by district and territory lines throughout the globe.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
America police the world, now.
It is America who has drones flying over foreign countries to bomb threats to America.
That's power.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Probably.

However it's not going to be a 'China invades America/becomes more powerful and runs the world' scenario. The UK for example no longer has an empire and is no longer a superpower but it's still a strong power and influence. That's how I see America in the future. With that said I don't think it's a bad thing if there are multiple superpowers (unless it erupts into global conflict).
Depends what you mean by fall.

Militarily, that's never happening, the US spends 43% of the world military budge, it's decades ahead of the world in terms of military technology.

Economically, although seems possible, is also unlikely. The US is still the largest economic powerhouse of the world, and the thing about China taking over economically is totally over hyped. Most of China's population is in poverty and hungry, and if the US and China were to embargo each other, the US would come out on top because it doesn't need China as much as China needs the US. US businesses in China will just pull out and come back to the US. And China will never go to war with the US, because then all the debt that is owed to China will go *poof*.

In the end, the US will never completely cease to exist, the worst that will happen is that it will become like the UK, no longer as powerful as it used to be, but still a strong global influence economically and militarily.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Feb 17, 2013,
i dunno but the US is st upid anyways so i shay we should just get rid of it
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?