Page 4 of 5
Quote by ConcertShooter
America is being sucked dry by the parasitical tribe of whom the world is waking to its nation wrecking, genocidal control of the West.

America will collapse. You're seeing the signs everywhere. Locally, state, and federal levels. The sooner the U.S. Government collapses the better. Genuine, freedom loving people can then rebuild from the local level upward to a form of government that will actually protect the rights of the individual which is the only true purpose of government.

It's a nice thought, but what do you do with all those who would oppose the rights of the individual?
Do you ostracise them? Deport them? Imprison them? Kill them? In short, do you take their rights as individuals within your country away in order to protect the rights of other individuals or do you allow them to interfere with other individuals rights in order to protect their rights?

I'd also argue that a government's 'only true purpose' is not necessarily to protect the rights of the individual, after all, there have historicaly been far more governments who consider their role to firstly be to 'rule' and to also ensure the continuation of their nation than governments who consider the rights of the individuals to be paramount. Infact, governments who consider the rights of the individual to be important are a relatively new phenomina.
I personally think that the America we know today won't be the America that was in the future. So it won't fall per se, but it will fundamentally change the way it's run in order to be compatible with the future in such a way that we won't be able to recognize the U.S. today.

With NAFTA, globalization, and the U.S.'s movement towards a more heterogeneous outlook on social policies we'll start to change our values into something that is more compatible with the world. North America will start to operate more like the E.U.

Immigration and the mixing of cultures aided by social media will change who we as Americans are for better or for worse. I tend to gravitate to the notion that the fall of the old American ideas such as "The American Dream" is inevitable, and even necessary in order to embrace a better future.

TL;DR version: I never saw the Hobbit; but then again I hate going to the theater.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Am I in the minority thinking that the US is doing just fine right now?

You have to remember how the Pit is filled with Pseudointellectuals who just read the opening 3 pages of the Communist Manifesto and God Delusion and feel like badasses.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by pugachev
LOL WUT?

so because one redneck cop says he wont enforce the law, police forces across America are supposedly defecting? Defecting to where? The Confederacy? Any state legislature attempting anything like that would be shit on immediately by the Feds for ever trying it. I've not met a single person in our state who is like you described and there are some big gun toting rednecks in my family. The love their guns, but they love America more. None of this is even an issue to the average person in Arkansas as they are totally oblivious to anything happening outside of their own towns. What would this state do after it "succeeds" and half the population leaves while the US cuts of all ties and it dies a quick death? Succession is never going to happen. No one besides some far right extremist hicks thinks about it and even if more did, the federal government would shit on anyone trying to overthrow the state government or use it to succeed.

I didn't say across America, I said America's police forces, which is exactly what is happening, he is showing signs of defection against the government. How are they going to force him to execute legislature?

I want to get this straight too. The word is secede, not succeed in this case.

I don't know anyone around here who honestly thinks America is doing good now and that they love America more than their guns.

Arkansas is also one of the very few states that, when cut off from the rest of the world, could sustain itself for at LEAST 25 years and probably more, we don't really NEED the federal government.

Quote by ConcertShooter
a form of government that will actually protect the rights of the individual which is the only true purpose of government.

That's actually not correct, backwards actually. We are given in a totally natural state, true freedom. ANY introduction of ANY form of government is entering into a social contract which will always choose between our level of freedom and order. With all freedom and no order, it would be chaos, lots of order with little freedom would be similar to Nazi Germany. All governments conform to this scale, and thus the true purpose of government is to find and maintain a balance between order and freedom, which, outside of our natural state, is essentially ONLY able to take away freedom, not give it to us. We give up our freedom to improve our own quality of life, among other things, and to do that, we use a government, or at least a social contract of some kind. At least I learned something in my AP Government and Politics class. That was the first thing we learned, I think the idea stemmed from Thomas Hobbes, but I could be incorrect, it's usually a universally accepted concept so he probably wasn't the first to come up with it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Assuming the US hasn't collapsed by then, it will certainly be swallowed up by whatever alliance or council-based system of government ends up being the head honchos of Earth whilst we explore the stars.

I think the US will remain relevant regardless of its relative importance in geopolitics. We're a big deal now but should we ever get demoted to just ordinary nation status, we'd be one of the major ordinary nations. It would take something extreme to make us a non-Great Power. It would be fairly simple to lose superpower status but I don't think we'll ever be less influential than, say Germany or Japan.
Quote by garden of grey
"Korean dramas are so popular that professors from universities across the USA came here in Hawaii a couple of years ago to have a conference about Korean dramas and their effect on world culture,"

Bragging asian op.

The world watches the USA's media, I can't name a single Korean TV show or film.

I posted this in my other thread about how asian media currently dominates:

So in the last few years, there's been a lot of asian films that were remade by Hollywood. Some examples are The Grudge which was a remake of the Japanese movie Ju-on, The Ring which was a remake of the japanese film Ringu, The Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves which was a remake of the South Korean film Il Mare. The Martin Scorsese crime thriller The Departed which won an Academy Award for Best Picture was a remake of the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs (which was a better movie). The Hunger Games was pretty much a ripoff of Battle Royale, a japanese fiilm/novel that came out over ten years earlier.

Like most people, I used to love Hollywood movies, but it seems story/plot wise Hollywood has gotten stale in recent years. Special effects in Hollywood continue to be absolutely amazing and groundbreaking, but I find a lack of substance underneath it.

While Hollywood has been decling, asian films and also asian director's prestige has increased. Arguably, the two best director's on the planet are from asia--Park Chan-wook from South Korea, and Wong Kar-wai from Hong Kong. Wong Kar-wai is such a fantastic director that Jude Law, David Strathairn, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz all jumped at the chance to work with him in the film My Blueberry Nights.

Yes this does go back earlier, not just to the influence of Bruce Lee on world cinema, but going back further, to japanese director Akira Kurosawa, considered by many as one of the best directors of all time. Steven Speilberg, George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola (The Godfather), and Martin Scorsese all worshipped the ground Kurosawa walked on. Steven Speilberg was quoted as saying "I have learned more from him than from almost any other filmmaker on the face of the earth" George Lucas has gone on record saying that Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress was his inspiration for Star Wars. George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola were the catalysts behind getting 20th Centruy Fox to finance Kurosawa's Kagemusha. So asian influence on world cinema is not new, but it seems recently, especially regarding South Korean films, asian films are on the rise.
Also worth noting how much a lot of Asian stability at the moment depends on the US. Very few of the countries bordering China feel safe with China's rise, so are desperate for the US to stick around and counter-balance China. If the US is to collapse... well, doesn't look too pretty.
Quote by Jostry
Okay, like I said the J 20 won't come into service for the Chinese till 2017, US has had its counter part (F 22) in service since 2005.

The Chinese have 500 type 99 tanks, the US has 9000+ M1 Abrams.

And the Chinese only have 3 052C/D AEGIS destroyers, but are planning to build 20+. The US has 62 Arleigh Burke class destroyers.

And not only does the WZ 10 helicopter not stand a chance against the AH 64 Apache, but it is completely out numbered, the Chinese has about 100 WZ 10s, while the US has over hundreds Apaches.

The US Navy is also the second largest air force in the world, followed by the US Air Force.

I mean, there really is no comparison. China is playing catch up with the US in almost every single category, and China still has a long ways to go to even be close. The US military budget also towers over the Chinese budget, and for every advance China takes, the US is already another step ahead.

If a war were to break out right now, the US would dominate the skies above China, and the seas around China. The US wouldn't even have to set foot on Chinese soil, just bomb its massive 2.3 million man army to submission, which has become useless without anywhere to go or fight.

Dude do you, like, fap while you memorize how many tanks, destroyers, stealth fighters and shit you guys got? It kinda sounds like it turns you on or some weird shit like that.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
One day the earth will be destroyed by the sun so I guess it has to happen eventually.
Quote by damian_91
Dude do you, like, fap while you memorize how many tanks, destroyers, stealth fighters and shit you guys got? It kinda sounds like it turns you on or some weird shit like that.

Having another tab open hardly counts as memorizing, I would think that was the case.

As to the Asian media post, that's just stupid. Of course there will be similar movies and plots, The Hunger Games was based on an originally written book, which, yes, could have been inspired or based on Battle Royale, but I doubt it; the storyline goes much deeper than the movie suggests. Maybe I say Battle Royale is a rip-off somehow of The Lottery.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Having another tab open hardly counts as memorizing, I would think that was the case.

As to the Asian media post, that's just stupid. Of course there will be similar movies and plots, The Hunger Games was based on an originally written book, which, yes, could have been inspired or based on Battle Royale, but I doubt it; the storyline goes much deeper than the movie suggests. Maybe I say Battle Royale is a rip-off somehow of The Lottery.

Still counts as being sexually aroused by military paraphernalia.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Jostry
Okay, like I said the J 20 won't come into service for the Chinese till 2017, US has had its counter part (F 22) in service since 2005.

The Chinese have 500 type 99 tanks, the US has 9000+ M1 Abrams....

It doesn't matter if the Chinese have 2,643,754,574,464 tanks, planes, and automobiles. The fact of the matter is you need to be able to transport all that half a world away.

You can't move a shit ton of hardware, munitions, fuel, ect. without drawing attention to yourself. China won't be able to invade the U.S. because of this.

China would **** itself over if it tried to ruin our economy. The only way you are able to wage war is through culture and ideology introduced little by little over a period of decades.

But I'll be long dead before any of this has any affect on me. So to the future generation I say this: I'm glad I'm not you.
China trying to attack us would be the stupidest thing they could do. They don't want us to collapse, they desperately want our economy to recover so that all the investments they've made in us can return a profit.

They've sunk trillions of dollars into the US gambling on the idea that we'll pull through and the value of the dollar will be worth something substantial when its time to pay them back. They don't want us to pay them back with shitty, war-torn-country, devalued currency.

China isn't the same type of Superpower that Russia was and the US still is. They're not aiming for dominance via military superiority. They're aiming for dominance via economic influence. They want their economy to be the world economy.
Last edited by Seref at Feb 20, 2013,
Quote by strait jacket
They're weaning themselves off coal at an impressive rate and australia's got a heap of coal too, if I was china, I'd invade us, we're little (population wise), and fairly nearby and other nearby countries are pretty ****ed up except for new zealand.

**** up stop bringing us in here even our leader is the biggest ****wit on the planet.
Quote by Jostry

The US stealth jet fighter, the F22 Raptor, entered service in 2005 and was actually built in the 90s. Just shows how far back China is technologically

You mean the same F22 Raptor that is having all kinds of technical problems??
That F22 Raptor??
I live in Hawaii and we have them stationed here, and in our local newspaper, the Honolulu Star Advertiser staff heavily criticizes the F22 Raptor as a waste of taxpayer money.

LOL!
Quote by mattmakaha
That F22 Raptor??
I live in Hawaii and we have them stationed here, and in our local newspaper, the Honolulu Star Advertiser staff heavily criticizes the F22 Raptor as a waste of taxpayer money.

LOL!

It's a waste of taxpayer money because we won't be fighting an enemy that would actually be susceptible to it anytime soon. Terrorist groups don't have jet fighters.

The plane itself does have a few quirks, but it could probably still blow anything it faced out of the sky.
Quote by mattmakaha
That F22 Raptor??

LOL!

Harsh criticism from a reputable source there.
Quote by iwannabesedated
It's a waste of taxpayer money because we won't be fighting an enemy that would actually be susceptible to it anytime soon. Terrorist groups don't have jet fighters.

The plane itself does have a few quirks, but it could probably still blow anything it faced out of the sky.

Yeah well 99% of your military budget is a waste of taxpayer money, but you guys seem to have been fighting some sort of invisible super powerful enemy that requires trillions of dollars invested in military stuff since like forever.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Of course, with all the obesity, The Earth's crust there cannot stand the weight and will collapse into the Earth's core, creating the biggest fried chicken meal on the planet.
Quote by damian_91

No, it's called Google. Found all that info in like 5 minutes.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by mattmakaha
That F22 Raptor??
I live in Hawaii and we have them stationed here, and in our l newspaper, the HT
lu Star Advertiser staff heavily criticizes the F22 Raptor as a waste of taxpayer money.

LOL!

Every plane has issues when it first enters service. The Eurofighter is having all sorts of problems too. They will be ironed out. F-22 dominated in all the exercizes defeating odds like 10:1. Thats against our other top fighters. With Russia and China developing their equal, we have to have the F-22. Russia plans to sell its PAKFA to 3rd world shitholes we love to invade.
My uncle is a Colonel in the Air Force (not even kidding) so every Christmas I get to hear about all the new planes and shit coming out. This past Christmas many hours were spent among other members of my family talking about the F-22. I heard quite a bit of it.

He's an engineer and seemed to think a lot of the "problems" with it were bunk.
Quote by Jostry
China's gonna have 6 aircraft carriers by 2020? <---- pretty late to the show don't you think?

The US will spend 633.3 billion dollars on the military in 2013, and the US Navy is larger than the next 10 countries navies combined. The US has 10 nuclear powered super aircraft carriers, with two in reserves, and two under construction. I wonder what kind of technological advances the US will have by 2020? Sorry, but China isn't even close, sure they may be much improved by 2020, but that's excluding that fact the US is too, going to be improving.

And just where is the USA suppose to get the money?
With those damn Republicans wanting to cut everything in federal government, do you really think the US will keep spending that kind of money?
Republicans are only against spending if it's not military spending. They'll fund the shit out of the military while cutting aid for veterans.
Quote by Seref
Republicans are only against spending if it's not military spending. They'll fund the shit out of the military while cutting aid for veterans.

I don't know about that.

Here in Hawaii, on the news the other night, they were looking at how budget cuts will affect jobs at Pearl Harbor, etc....
Quote by mattmakaha
I don't know about that.

Here in Hawaii, on the news the other night, they were looking at how budget cuts will affect jobs at Pearl Harbor, etc....

It's funny cause those budget cuts were all Obamas ideas.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Seref

Cutting aid for veterans?
not good.
Republicans lost me when they don't support a woman's right to choose an abortion or not.
How can any economic super power actually "fall" these days? I mean, aside from total destruction through natural or nuclear catastrophies.

EDIT: And USA having low standards in math and science? I just read the other day that the USA actually is starting to have too many scientists. America has tons of engineers, doctors and scientists.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 24, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
How can any economic super power actually "fall" these days? I mean, aside from total destruction through natural or nuclear catastrophies.

Well, y'see, any economic superpower obviously relies upon it's 'economy', basicaly it's production, distribution, sales and consumption of goods and services, to ensure that the majority of the population has not only enough to survive but also to prosper. So long as their economy stays strong and continues to circulate healthily in this way it would literaly take something like a natural or nuclear catastrophie to cause an economic super-power to fall, but at the moment we're currently still in a global recession that's been happening since 2008, a very bad one by all accounts. (it's actualy being dubbed the 'Great Recession' now) Ordinary people cannot afford the things that they used to be able to afford, so spending in general slows down, which in turn caused the economy's circulation to slow down more, which in turn causes more poverty which again slows down spending. It essentially becomes a vicious circle, a downward spiral, unless of course it can be brought back under control.

It could perceivably get so bad that a nation that the economy of what was previously considered as an 'economic super-power' pretty much fails altogether, and at that point we would expect to start seeing extreme civil unrest. It's at times like these that some nations go through great changes, changes so great infact that they often result in the nation being re-named, especialy once things start getting back on track again. (for example, in the same way that Russia became the USSR or the 'Soviet Union' just after the Russian Revolution) and at that point one can consider that the previous economic super power that used to exist there has actualy fallen and that a new nation has risen to take it's place.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Well, y'see, any economic superpower obviously relies upon it's 'economy', basicaly it's production, distribution, sales and consumption of goods and services, to ensure that the majority of the population has not only enough to survive but also to prosper. So long as their economy stays strong and continues to circulate healthily in this way it would literaly take something like a natural or nuclear catastrophie to cause an economic super-power to fall, but at the moment we're currently still in a global recession that's been happening since 2008, a very bad one by all accounts. (it's actualy being dubbed the 'Great Recession' now) Ordinary people cannot afford the things that they used to be able to afford, so spending in general slows down, which in turn caused the economy's circulation to slow down more, which in turn causes more poverty which again slows down spending. It essentially becomes a vicious circle, a downward spiral, unless of course it can be brought back under control.

I am just a little curious. I don't know how much you really know about America's economy now, but do you happen to have any ideas or theories on how to improve it? If not America, do you have anything for the global economy to improve? I figured that if anyone on here may have a good suggestion, it would be you, so I'm interested in your thoughts on it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
don't think china's going to be the next super power. there was an episode of planet money where they talked about the perception that china is an economic powerhouse when in reality it's kind of gilded and declining/not sustainable.
#DTWD
Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: And USA having low standards in math and science? I just read the other day that the USA actually is starting to have too many scientists. America has tons of engineers, doctors and scientists.

Really? I've always read we had a shortage in all that.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Well I've heard that people are coming from countries like South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore to the USA to get their Phd degrees in science and engineering and going back to their country after they graduate.

I think it's cultural upbringing also. I think it was a Time magazine article I was reading where in a lot of asian families, the only acceptable grade for their kids is an A
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I am just a little curious. I don't know how much you really know about America's economy now, but do you happen to have any ideas or theories on how to improve it? If not America, do you have anything for the global economy to improve? I figured that if anyone on here may have a good suggestion, it would be you, so I'm interested in your thoughts on it.

I am no economist, but I'm thinking that the best way forward would be something along the lines of encouraging new businesses with incentives and somehow giving people more money to spend, via tax-breaks etc, thus creating more sales, which in turn boosts production, which in turn makes for more employment.
Quote by primusfan
don't think china's going to be the next super power. there was an episode of planet money where they talked about the perception that china is an economic powerhouse when in reality it's kind of gilded and declining/not sustainable.

Yeah, I was never quite convinced of China when huge numbers of their people are destitute. South Korea on the other hand....
Quote by guitarmaniac88

Well one of the problems is that people don't have money to spend. One way to solve this is to reimpose Keynesian economics, which encouraged a strong consumer base. We need more consumers. Back when Keynesian economics were in vogue, recessions tended to be milder and short lasting because consumer spending remained mostly intact. Whereas since the imposition of supply-side economics, recessions have become deeper and longer-lasting. So I would say that the way forward is to reimpose Keynesianism and suspending supply-side and trickle down economic theories which don't work.

Secondly I would consider moving manufacturing jobs back into the U.S. and stop outsourcing, which puts people here into poverty. We need to establish policies that will encourage more manufacturing to occur here in America. Some factories are becoming highly automated and the need for cheap labour is not as big of a deal. So in conclusion, encourage more manufacturing to occur here because outsourcing is like moving jobs out of the country.

ron666
Quote by ron666

Secondly I would consider moving manufacturing jobs back into the U.S. and stop outsourcing, which puts people here into poverty. We need to establish policies that will encourage more manufacturing to occur here in America. Some factories are becoming highly automated and the need for cheap labour is not as big of a deal. So in conclusion, encourage more manufacturing to occur here because outsourcing is like moving jobs out of the country.

ron666

I think Apple recently announced that they would be moving some jobs back to the U.S., regarding manufacturing the iPad.