how am i supposed to slide to a note when its not on the same string as the note i just played like this

It's called sliding from nowhere. Basically just play any fret that's lower than that note, and quickly slide up. Try different frets to find what works best with the song.

Also, your username is stupid.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I believe its called a "slide-from-nowhere". Just play the 2nd fret A, then play 1st or 2nd fret D quickly, like a grace note, then slide up to 9th fret D.
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame