Page 2 of 3
This reminds me of that one time this french sounding guy asked me to help him with his lock. Interesting.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I knew you were gay. I am not cumming at you. EVER!

but you already did, you just don't remember
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by sam b
The question was asked, but no one answered..

How the hell do you open it?

Turn the dial counter clockwise twice to the first number, turn once clockwise to the second number, then directly to the third number. I think, I haven't used one in a couple years because my school doesn't let me have a locker.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Turn the dial clockwise twice (pass 0 twice) to the first number, turn once counter-clockwise (pass 0 once) to the second number, then clockwise directly to the third number. I think, I haven't used one in a couple years because my school doesn't let me have a locker.

FTFY

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
but you already did, you just don't remember

;_;
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Turn the dial counter clockwise twice to the first number, turn once clockwise to the second number, then directly to the third number. I think, I haven't used one in a couple years because my school doesn't let me have a locker.

What the hell. I am never becoming an american thief.
Do you mean you turn it 720° anticlockwise, THEN turn it more to the first number, or 360° then to the first number?

edit: ^ok
I have never even seen a lock like this in person. Sounds like a stupid concept compared to the "lock&key" types we use....
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I've never seen one before, but I don't think it would take me as long as it took your gym guy to work it out.
I also really do not see how that is any harder to kick open than a lock and key lock.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I have a key padlock at the gym that I use. But the gym I go to has these incredibly overpriced locks you can buy which has a 3 number combination. They're crap and cheap, for instance my friend bought one and it didn't say what the combination was so I went through all the numbers and got it open within 5 minutes.

In answer to your question ts, i'm from England, and the only time i've ever seen one of those locks being used is on American television shows. No idea why we don't use them over here, maybe it's a lock that was invented in america and stayed over there. Even safes over here don't have them. (Then again is that just in the movies they do?)

That being said, I wouldn't have trouble using them.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Last edited by cptcomet at Feb 20, 2013,
Quote by ProphetToJables
I also really do not see how that is any harder to kick open than a lock and key lock.

Having been used to both, I have to say that it is INCREDIBLY stronger than the key based locks.
Quote by gorkyporky
I have never even seen a lock like this in person. Sounds like a stupid concept compared to the "lock&key" types we use....

Outside of school, most people use them at the gym, so you don't have to carry around a key. Not a huge deal, I know, but I prefer not to have anything in my pockets when I work out

Plus the extra layer of security against Europeans, apparently
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Last edited by thefuzz454 at Feb 20, 2013,
Quote by sam b
The question was asked, but no one answered..

How the hell do you open it?

You turn the knob to the corresponding numbers. are you really that thick
Quote by macashmack
Having been used to both, I have to say that it is INCREDIBLY stronger than the key based locks.

How? Not from a security point of view, from a purely physical point of view, taking two locks of the same price and weight; how is it any stronger?
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Never seen one before. In my uni gym they just give you keys and the lockers have a built in lock. Back in Italy, when I went swimming they had electronic locks where you set your code each time you used it.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
I have seen a couple of them around. Can't they be cracked easily?

I only use the key locks.
Quote by ProphetToJables
How? Not from a security point of view, from a purely physical point of view, taking two locks of the same price and weight; how is it any stronger?

They are usually like 3x as thick. Although I guess that just has to do with the lock itself and not all of them
Quote by ProphetToJables

I really don't think there is any difference in strength. It all depends on the brand. Back in high school, the key & lock types were bought by the school to lock the unused lockers and were really weak. Kids just pulled them off anyway.
I think you've just used cheap lock and key locks. You can get pretty hefty ones for not taht much. Theres a huge difference between those and the kinds tourists stick on there luggage.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
pretty easy to pick one of those key locks, plus you have to have a key on you. Rotary ones are pretty solid/hefty/hard to break & the only thing you need to open one is yr mind. I still have the one I bought in grade 7 when I got my first locker, so safe to say the combination is still easily remembered even though I haven't used it for a few years.
I really don't understand the concept of external locks. They can be broken off too easily. I have always seen internal locks everywhere.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Yep. We have them on our lockers at school. After over 5.5 years, I still find it tough to use them.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I don't think I've ever seen a locker that has an external lock.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I really don't understand the concept of external locks. They can be broken off too easily. I have always seen internal locks everywhere.

Haven't really used those locks outside of lockers back when I was in high school/last couple years of elementary school. Doesn't really make sense to have internal locks in that context. Plus the external locks in the OP are pretty damn durable. I remember we put three of our locks on my one buddies backpack in grade 9 and he couldn't get them off which was bloody hilarious to a bunch of 14 year olds. Things are pretty durable.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Haven't really used those locks outside of lockers back when I was in high school/last couple years of elementary school. Doesn't really make sense to have internal locks in that context. Plus the external locks in the OP are pretty damn durable. I remember we put three of our locks on my one buddies backpack in grade 9 and he couldn't get them off which was bloody hilarious to a bunch of 14 year olds. Things are pretty durable.

I was always under the impression that the Dudley locks were designed that if somebody tried to kick them open, if they successfully broke the locking mechanism, it was designed to collapse in a way that doesnt allow the loop to come out of the lock.

Pretty much requiring chain cutters to break through the lock.

Those little dinky key locks that were posted earlier in the thread, i have seen people kick those open no problem.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Those little dinky key locks that were posted earlier in the thread, i have seen people kick those open no problem.

Which is why we use internal locks.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I've always used one of these:

Best locks ever. It's like instead of opening your lock, you're really playing video games, but instead you're actually opening your lock.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

But if you know you are buying a door that needs to get locked, you might as well buy one with an internal lock.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Woffelz
Yep. We have them on our lockers at school. After over 5.5 years, I still find it tough to use them.

omg r u rele dat fik
I think i've seen one before, but not in person. Looks fairly straightforward too, although they usually come with instructions on the pack. The main locks i am familiar with are the ones with the triple rotary combinations (it's been posted in here).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by TheChaz
I've always used one of these:

Best locks ever. It's like instead of opening your lock, you're really playing video games, but instead you're actually opening your lock.

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A.

Too easy.
I never had a locker at school, so I never needed one.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Neo Evil11
But if you know you are buying a door that needs to get locked, you might as well buy one with an internal lock.

not all lockers are used by students.
I had one for my locker at school. I hardly ever used it but if we wanted a locker we had to put a lock on it within the first month. After that, the school just locked the others to prevent people putting rubbish in them. So I got the first lock that looked sturdy and put it on just in case I ever wanted to use it. I think the only time I really used it was for a few weeks where I bought drinks and sweets in bulk and sold them slightly cheaper than the vending machines did.

Other than that I don't think I've seen lockers with an external lock. most places seem to have either have those RFID wristbands or just a key.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
not all lockers are used by students.

I don't see how Students are relevant?

We have electronic lockers at my university.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ