Never heard of them, although the name does seem familiar for some reason. That's a licensed floyd by the way though so that doesn't necessarily make it good. Some licensed floyds are total crap.
DBZ is the company Dean Zelinsky started after his second stint with the first company he founded, Dean. He had a spat with the 2 other co-founders of DBZ, and is supposedly launching Dean Zelinsky Private Stock in the next month or so.

(I'm not 100% sure he has actually left DBZ, but its highly probable. However, unlike what happened with Dean when he wasn't there, DBZ seems to have maintained his standards.)

Dean Z has always had a shredder-centric guitar design theory, and his medium to high end guitars are usually pretty damn good compared to their competition.

All that said, I don't know how his entry level guitars stack up.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 21, 2013,
I think I'm just going to hold off for now. Every dealer that I talk to about it says "it's cheap and pretty" More or less.

I don't give a damn if it's pretty.

I want something that says something awesome.
Yeah, Im guessing it would probably be similar to a low end Dean-paying more for the name than the quality :S
DBZ's ahve a pretty solid rep from what I hear.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Not sure about their entry-level stuff, but DBZ's high end stuff is supposed to be super rad! Never tried one myself though!
lesliechen

Spammer reported
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.