Dave Lombardo has essentially been booted out of Slayer because of some shitty contract issues. From what I've gathered they were getting kinda screwed by the label, Dave did some investigations and then proposed a change to the contracts but was refused by Kerry who basically said if you don't like it, I'll find another drummer.

Does anyone else get a weird feeling of deja vu?

His full statement is here
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/slayer-drummer-dave-lombardo-pulls-out-of-soundwave-2013-australian-tour
I'm sure he will survive
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by CoreysMonster
I wonder what changes he proposed that made King flip out like that?

They make proper music and make more money. Also Kerry has to have guitar lessons.
Why Kerry not want to make more money? Sounds like their getting ****ed over big time
Quote by JackalUK
They make proper music and make more money. Also Kerry has to have guitar lessons.

"Hey Kerry, I made some revisions to the contract, I think this will raise all of our profits by 400%!"

"Hey, cool, Dave! Let's have a look at thi---..... What's this part about me never being allowed to solo in the chromatic scale again?"

"Look, Kerry, I'm just saying--"

"Get. Out."
I'm going to guess that people might actually get pissed if Kerry stops soloing utter nonsense. 'It just doesn't have the intensity, man'
Quote by whywefight
I'm going to guess that people might actually get pissed if Kerry stops soloing utter nonsense. 'It just doesn't have the intensity, man'

His solos sound like he's raping a bagpipe with a violin.
Quote by JackalUK
His solos sound like he's raping a bagpipe with a violin.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I really like Slayer.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I really like Slayer.

And I thought you were cool
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Lombardo's drumming was one of the parts of Slayer's style I really liked. Shamed Kerry forced him out [probably by playing a solo until Dave left the city] it sucks they're getting screwed over.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It might upset Kerrys endorsements if there label decides to drop them. That may have been why he was against it. It sounded like a risky move.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by jambi_mantra
And I thought you were cool

That hurts man.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I wonder what changes he proposed that made King flip out like that?

He wanted the band to record a medieval dub reggae album
Quote by WantsLesPaul
meh Slipknot is heavier than slayer anyway

Incoming shitstorm! Take cover!