MikeHollows
65 IQ
Hey guys, I currently have an Engl Invader and Z-12 footswitch, plus a load of stompboxes on a board.

What I want to be able to do, is to put all the stompboxes away in a rack or on top of the amp and be able to control both amp channel changes and which effects are on via the one footswitch.

I found the G Lab M4L x4 midi looper, which seems to do the trick. But the main thing I'm unsure about is, will this work with the z-12 and my amp in order to do what I want to do?

I can't quite get my head around the MIDI information each manufacturer is supplying and I want to double check before ordering.

Thanks
Prime2515102
377 IQ
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think banks and presets are standardized with MIDI controllers. I just picked up an ART X-15 (this is from the 80's) and it controls my TC G-Major 2 (from 2010) without a problem. For switching banks and presets I didn't even have to do anything, I just plugged it in and it worked.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
MikeHollows
65 IQ
Okay, thanks.

Well I guess there is only one way to find out really. Unless anyone can tell me there are specific problems with this setup.
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......
188 IQ
You should be good bud. I dont understand Midi but what little i do understand makes me think that it will work fine. Let us know man!
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2