xxviproxx
20 IQ
Helo everyone!

I'm a really big fan of More than life and Touché Amoré and I'm probably not the first one to post this but i recently started a band and we've been trying to do our own hardcore music and everything sounds good except for the part that it always goes over to sounding like punk and now the thing is i would like som tips and tricks maybe for example;

What tuning is suggested? (I have a 6 stringed guitar)

What are some classic hardcore riffs?

Some songs i should learn to get a hold off the whole hardcore playing?

What is a "must have" part in hardcore songs?

How do uou play Two Step parts?

Thanks!
Geldin
150 IQ
Quote by xxviproxx
Helo everyone!

I'm a really big fan of More than life and Touché Amoré and I'm probably not the first one to post this but i recently started a band and we've been trying to do our own hardcore music and everything sounds good except for the part that it always goes over to sounding like punk and now the thing is i would like som tips and tricks maybe for example;

What tuning is suggested? (I have a 6 stringed guitar)

Use whatever tuning you need. Some guys use drop tunings, others use standard tunings. Drop C seems to be pretty popular, but that's not a rule or anything.

Some songs i should learn to get a hold off the whole hardcore playing?

Learn the songs you like from hardcore bands you like. Try to figure out what makes them sound hardcore as opposed to punk.
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......
30 IQ
^ Yep thats the best way to do it. Drop C is the most popular right now for some reason. I personally dig standard tunings or drop D. The lowest i go is Eb. And if you drop d that tuning turns into C#. That to me has a bit more bite than drop C. Doesnt sound all cave man.
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2