Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, just was browsing the nets today and found these...

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Dean-Z-Straight-Six-Series-Guitar-Classic-Black/PS2

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Dean-V-Straight-Six-Series-Guitar-Classic-Black/PS3

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Dean-Cadillac-Straight-Six-Series-Guitar-Classic-Black/PS1

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Dean-ML-Straight-Six-Series-Guitar-Classic-Black/PS6

Might be old news to some, but it appears Dean are trying to move away from the 14 year old metalhead who likes pointy guitars thing.

Loving the look of the V and the ML myself... Anyone have any idea how much they'll be when we finally get them in the UK and Europe?

US Prices are only 549 at the moment, so I'm curious.
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Feb 24, 2013,
[quote="Random3]They have had those headstocks on some of their guitars for a while now, the only ones I can think of are the Mustaine signatures.

They look good IMO, but some of their guitar shapes just look weird with that headstock.

Yeah true, that was cause if Dave wanted to join their company, they needed to do that headstock for him.

I've not seen that headstock on any other Dean I must admit...
The Cadillac just looks wrong without the big V headstock... Even the old "shrimp fork" would be better, IMHO.

And I think the V variants, like the ML need that visual counterpoint as well.

(FWIW, I'm 45.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 24, 2013,
The ML's do look a lot better without that stupid headstock.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by Fisheth24
Yeah true, that was cause if Dave wanted to join their company, they needed to do that headstock for him.

I've not seen that headstock on any other Dean I must admit...

Their superstrats have had that headstock style for a while, I believe. Also Michael Angelo Batio signature model does, for example.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I like the shrimpfork headstock.

Maybe not on a Stratocaster or an LP but it fits for the traditional Dean shapes.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I like the shrimpfork headstock.

Maybe not on a Stratocaster or an LP but it fits for the traditional Dean shapes.

I like it too, just not as much as the big V.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I like it too, just not as much as the big V.

So do I.

Mine is an early 80s model so I believe it would be the Series II?

I think it's slightly smaller than the original series 1 Vs.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 24, 2013,
Quote by Fisheth24
Yeah, I often felt the V headstock was too pointy, whats the shrimpfork headstock?

That's the shrimpfork.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Fisheth24
Don't like that as much as the six in a line, but it depends what model the shrimpforks on

I like the shrimpforks for the minis and the cadillac. That's about it.

I'd take the classic V over them both anyway.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I like that head stock, actually I like the look of the whole guitar. Which is a first for me and Dean, most of their other models look like something a 13 year old metal fan would own.
Quote by Fisheth24
Maybe I'm picky, who knows!

Shame no word on a price yet, well for me in the UK that is.

I just never understood it because if you don't like the headstock, just buy a regular Explorer or a Regular Gibby V.

Anywho, back to the point... That V headstock is rock and roll. Now I need another Dean. Hopefully a V... Thanks guys, MORE GAS. Just what I need.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I just never understood it because if you don't like the headstock, just buy a regular Explorer or a Regular Gibby V.

Anywho, back to the point... That V headstock is rock and roll. Now I need another Dean. Hopefully a V... Thanks guys, MORE GAS. Just what I need.

I just got gas for the V and/or the ML
Quote by Fisheth24
I just got gas for the V and/or the ML

I don't think we're GASing about the same V.

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't think we're GASing about the same V.

Don't think we are

Really do like the 6 in a line on that thing, according to Eric (Who's product manager of Dean) they're going to be made "In the best factories" that he has, I assume this means Korea?
Quote by Fisheth24
Don't think we are

Really do like the 6 in a line on that thing, according to Eric (Who's product manager of Dean) they're going to be made "In the best factories" that he has, I assume this means Korea?

Dean?

Probably Indonesia.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Fisheth24
Maybe, my Razorback is Korean, so I thought it would be the same.

What year is it?

The last 2 Deans I owned were MII.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What year is it?

The last 2 Deans I owned were MII.

Not too sure and it's in the case right now and I can't be bothered to dig it out from under my bed...

I think it's an 09 though, but it is the one before the EMG's in it.
Quote by Fisheth24
Not too sure and it's in the case right now and I can't be bothered to dig it out from under my bed...

I think it's an 09 though, but it is the one before the EMG's in it.

Well, the Z79 I used to own was an Indonesia guitar, as was the V-X. Both of those were 2010 models I think. The 30th Ann. ML I owned was MIK and was a 2008.

I'm guessing they make them from both factories or recently switched over.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dean?

Probably Indonesia.

Probably referring to their facility in Tampa, Florida.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Probably referring to their facility in Tampa, Florida.

Did you check the price point of those things?

If they're actually selling USA made guitars for 500 bucks, more power to them. I'd wonder how they'd stay afloat though!
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
If they're saying made in "their best shop" and meaning it, Tampa would be it.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
If they're saying made in "their best shop" and meaning it, Tampa would be it.

I get what you mean, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Seriously doubt it'll be a USA guitar.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I get what you mean, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Seriously doubt it'll be a USA guitar.

It's possible he's overstating things- that does happen in biz.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
It's possible he's overstating things- that does happen in biz.

That's what I figured.

You don't really want to hear "yeah we're making your guitar in sweatshops in southeast Asia"
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Its possible he means the best Korean factories they have, for instance. Wouldn't bug me- I own several MIK guitars, and haven't been disappointed yet.

alhaq369
Thank... God... One thing that has turned me away from Dean guitars has been that huge ass V headstock. I mean, I am a metalhead and I like pointy guitars, but as headstock I prefer it to be discreet and not scream "look at me I neckdive like mofo". Not implying that they do neckdive but they do look rather unwieldy in my eyes. The shrimpfork pictured in this thread is actually pretty nice. Pointy but still looks like it is a natural extension to the neck.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Rather than messing with headstock malarkey, how about they build them properly?
Always meant to try out more Dean guitars... played a few years ago and we just didn't click...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
So you mean I won't snap my headstock off with a feather now?

Hoorah.

I have a Dean VMNT Mustaine Series, the headstock is perfect and should definitely be adopted for other models.
I don’t mind the Dean headstocks much. I just want nothing to do with the company that shameless sticks Dimebag Darrel’s image on any hideous piece of shit guitar they can think of. I know Dime wasn’t the most tasteful guy to begin with, but seriously, they should have a little shred of respect toward him.
Page 1 of 2