when i play my strat, its making a wierd sound from behind the trem cover on open e, sounds like something rattling against the cover. i think previous owner blocked the trem, something to do with that?
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
it could be a spring vibrating inside the cavity if it's still connected, or the loose trem claw if there are no springs.

take the back cover off and see which it is.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
i have the same problem, and i blockd my trem and the problem started after i block it so it must be that, ive always wondered what it was
its coming from between the bridge block and the body. it still makes it if i put my hand on the springs to stop them from vibrating

so that takes the thought i had of "get new springs so everythings tighter" idea

edit: wouldn't the bridge not be flush with the body like it is right now if it was the springs?
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Last edited by aaroncaper at Feb 25, 2013,
Is the block touching the body?

Is it a 6 point trem?

Pics? Front and back please.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?