Page 1 of 2
After sitting through a questionable bottle of Vat 69 Scotch, I began to wonder: what drink best says "Bass Player?" As one cannot disassociate the electric bass from the finery of alcohol, this question is central to our existence. So let's hear it! What drink (alcoholic only) best says "Bass Player?"

Given my extensive experience with the delicious elixir, I nominate Maker's Mark Bourbon...particularly Maker's 46 if you are fortunate enough to find it!

Let the bass drinking games begin!!!
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
red kool-aid
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
You can drink anything bassically.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Any half-way decent bourbon.

Or Jack Daniels.

OR Scotch

Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Cheap beer?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
John Smiths
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
myself as a bassist drink Smirnoff vodka mixed with the energy drink Pussy
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
If you are going to drink whisky, drink Scotch. If you are going to drink Scotch, dont drink Johnnie Walkers.

But for a bassist, either whisky or possibly a nice ruby ale :P
S'gotta be this http://kingbobyjr.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/beer-168-wynonas-big-brown-ale-by-voodoo-brewing-company/

Purely because it's Primus inspired

But as a serious suggestion...I drink Scotch, damm good scotch, and I'm a bassist, ergo Scotch is a bassist's drink!! Flawless drinking logic :P

I do also like a good American Ale when Im in the right mood, at the moment having a big Sierra Nevada phase...mmmm so good
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose

But as a serious suggestion...I drink Scotch, damm good scotch, and I'm a bassist, ergo Scotch is a bassist's drink!! Flawless drinking logic :P

Actually Scotch was one of John Entwistle's favorite drinks!

Vodka is my go to, but I love a really good craft beer.
I think Van Halens bassist actually made the standard drink Jack Daniels, because he has a JD bass
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Everclear and fruit punch.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
methylated spirits (denatured alcohol for you americans) that has had the methanol mostly boiled off
Grog.
Quote by skippy_moogoose

I do also like a good American Ale when Im in the right mood, at the moment having a big Sierra Nevada phase...mmmm so good

Try the rye IPA.

Jon got me going on a Hobgoblin kick. I stopped at the coop least weekend and bought every bottle they had.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by red_hot_chili18
No love for Guinness? :S

You mean that nasty drink they actually call BEER in Ireland? **** that shit.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by anarkee
Actually Scotch was one of John Entwistle's favorite drinks!

Vodka is my go to, but I love a really good craft beer.

Love a good whiskey but I can't do vodka due to funneling a liter of sky in college. A trip to the hospital later and a stomach pump later the smell of vodka makes me wanna pike.
Quote by Tostitos
Grog.

Try the rye IPA.

Jon got me going on a Hobgoblin kick. I stopped at the coop least weekend and bought every bottle they had.

I'll have to check it out!! There's an amazing bar by my work which stocks well over 100 imported beers, through them I got into the various Flying Dog drinks, whose artwork is by a certain Mr Ralph Steadman, who is famous for illustrating Hunter S. Thompson's work!
Sadly, my favourite, Old Scratch, an amber lager, is no longer exported from the states!! There's still Raging B*tch, an 8.3% IPA, and Doggy Style though!
Also digging Brew Dog, in particular Punk, a damn fine drink!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I really like Brew Dog's Punk IPA. I really need to go to Bev Mo and snatch it up when they have it in stock.
Quote by JustRooster
Everclear and fruit punch.

Isn't that a bit like playing Russian Roulette with five bullets?

You must be a masochist.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Oh yeah its still around. My buddy gets bottles of everclear and if you attend a party you have to do a shot of it. I love peoples reactions to it.
Quote by skippy_moogoose
I'll have to check it out!! There's an amazing bar by my work which stocks well over 100 imported beers, through them I got into the various Flying Dog drinks, whose artwork is by a certain Mr Ralph Steadman, who is famous for illustrating Hunter S. Thompson's work!
Sadly, my favourite, Old Scratch, an amber lager, is no longer exported from the states!! There's still Raging B*tch, an 8.3% IPA, and Doggy Style though!
Also digging Brew Dog, in particular Punk, a damn fine drink!!

See if you can get your hands on some ales from Pike, some damn fine ales fresh from the Pacific NW. The Kilt Lifter is particularly good.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I do like myself a glass of Primus, not a bad lager, hard to find tho!
But pleasurable for the obvious reason, its why I MUST get my hands on Wynona's Big Brown Ale, but I have yet to find a single bottle in the UK
Quote by the humanity
Quote by fudger
Yeah almost everyone has that liquor horror story about why they can't drink a specific drink.

Mine's with Tequila. And it has been like 5 years from that night, and a couple of days ago i happened to drink a good tequila... and puked rigth after. Not because I was drunk... It's just that my body has a complete and absolut rejection for tequila right now... It's curious isn't it?

On topic, Scotch. Glenlivet would be fine. Glenfiddish is ok, but definetly not a bassist drink. Maybe famous grouse, if you're feeling classic.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
Mine's with Tequila. And it has been like 5 years from that night, and a couple of days ago i happened to drink a good tequila... and puked rigth after. Not because I was drunk... It's just that my body has a complete and absolut rejection for tequila right now... It's curious isn't it?

I feel you, tequila is a no go for me as well. One pre-basketball game party freshman year and now I can barely stand the smell of the stuff. If its really well mixed in a drink I could probably stand it, but no more shots of Cuervo for this guy.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I drink Bud Light, Miller High Life or well bourbon and Sprite.
#DTWD
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome?
Scappa Scotch?
Plum Saki?
Fisher d'Alsace?
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Page 1 of 2