Jonesy0314
43 IQ
Anybody out there have an experience with one of these? Just curious about them. Seem really good. But never been to hot on ibanez for a tube overdrive it seems to good to be true. Somebody educate me. Thanks.
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
I know it might be a waste of your time to read this, but I own an Ibanez Tubescreamer ts9 with a ton of mods and different chips in it. I purchased it on Ebay for $129. Its the greatest pedal purchase of my life.

Now, mind you, it's only an overdrive. Some people buy these bad boys (and other OVERDRIVES) only to be bitching about how they aren't good for their Metal applications. That's why you buy a distortion pedal. However through an already overdriven/distorted amp setting, turning this baby on gives it one hell of a boost.

In short, I've heard a lot of good things about Ibanez Tube ______whatever series and they are well worth looking into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8a046Jy08Q
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Feb 25, 2013,
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,435 IQ
Quote by Jonesy0314
Anybody out there have an experience with one of these? Just curious about them. Seem really good. But never been to hot on ibanez for a tube overdrive it seems to good to be true. Somebody educate me. Thanks.

what are you seeking out of this pedal?

fill this out and come back and post it in here. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
BradIon1995
127 IQ
I have a Tube King Distortion. I don't like it as a standalone distortion pedal, though it's good if you like a scooped sound. I use mine as a lead boost with the gain down and the level right up for maximum tube saturation, and it makes my lead tone really smooth and creamy, but with a lot of responsiveness. Overall, highly recommended
Ibanez TSA30 < Boss OS-2 < Custom Frankenstein Strat w/ scalloped board and Epi LP pickup
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
Quote by BradIon1995
I have a Tube King Distortion. I don't like it as a standalone distortion pedal, though it's good if you like a scooped sound. I use mine as a lead boost with the gain down and the level right up for maximum tube saturation, and it makes my lead tone really smooth and creamy, but with a lot of responsiveness. Overall, highly recommended

Is that the same pedal as the one in the video I posted?
BradIon1995
127 IQ
Quote by Dimarzio45
Is that the same pedal as the one in the video I posted?

It certainly is My advice is to just try one out and see if you like it. I think you will
Ibanez TSA30 < Boss OS-2 < Custom Frankenstein Strat w/ scalloped board and Epi LP pickup
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
Based on how the pedal sounds in the video, it seems pretty badass. It sounds like a dirtier, more high gain version of the tubescreamer.