Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ

My CT7 has arrived at last, after some 14-18 months of saving, and constant financial setbacks (go to hell, family issues). The photos don't do it any justice whatsoever.

To kick things off, this guitar has the most comfortable neck I think I've ever laid my hands on, and the fret work is immaculate. The truss rod did need some adjustments, but nothing to major.

The sound is simply tasty, although I'll probably swap the pups sometime down the road. It could be the shitty amp I own though, so I'll probably replace that before any more instruments.

However, the guys at Carvin did misspell my name, but no biggie. It's my dream guitar, and a new engraved truss rod cover is maybe $5.

All in all, this was the best $2,000 I've ever spent in my life. If somebody were to steal my baby, I'd break their kneecaps with a spoon.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,720 IQ
Stop reminding me I'm poor.

Stop it.

Stop.

HNGD.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
wow. just wow man. that flame top is waaaaay better than average! i want one of these soooo bad its not even funny. im glad you were still able to end up with one with the snags you hit. take good care of her!!

is that a koa body?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Easily the best one I have seen yet.

That's awesome. It's the first CT7 to match the, IMO, point of the model. A classy 7.

Epic.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
Quote by SYLrules88

is that a koa body?

Yesh.

Official Approval

Mister A.J.
Mister A.J.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
OooooooOOOOOooohhhhh!

That is a sweeeeet axe! Excellent decisions were made in the design process.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 26, 2013,
Rogue Hermit
352 IQ
Mother of god. That is one nice looking guitar. I haven't been paying attention to too many NGDs recently, but this just made up for it. Enjoy that bad boy!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
griffin888
65 IQ
I love the flame top, but I don't think I could've covered up that beautiful koa! One of the prettiest 7s I've seen. HNGD.
Dudage
West Coast Islander
544 IQ
That topwood looks AMAZING, and the carved top 7 is such a sexy instrument. Makes the wait for my DC727 seem like an eternity!
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
hminh87
Justin here!
4,672 IQ
MY gosh that looks amazing!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
Nice Sperm inlays....
(Whatever they are, I actually think they are amazingly pretty)

That is a work of art.Beautiful.

HNGD
Simple Jack
Acoustics = top kindling
252 IQ
Man that's a great looking guitar. Congrats. Must be an awesome feeling

I picked up a Carvin for the first time today. It was love at first sight. The feel, the finish, everything about it was incredible. My next guitar will be a Carvin.
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
Les Paul Studio with Nailbomb / Black Dog BK pups
Razorback Blades V
Axe-FX Ultra
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Ableton Live 8 with Nexus, Komplete 6, Predator, Sylenth
Numark NS7FX
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
6,023 IQ
That is a lovely looking guitar, even if it does look like a PRS. HNGD.
RockAddict311
RockAddict311
2,304 IQ
IMO if you drop $2,000 on a guitar, you shouldn't have to deal with that shit (i.e., the truss rod cover goof up). Beautiful guitar. I'd say don't touch the pups and get a new amp. I've been wanting to make a similar purchase, but I can't justify spending enough money that could buy a cheap car.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
I agree, but nobody's perfect. They'll probably replace it free if you tell them, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
griffin888
65 IQ
Quote by RockAddict311
IMO if you drop $2,000 on a guitar, you shouldn't have to deal with that shit (i.e., the truss rod cover goof up). Beautiful guitar. I'd say don't touch the pups and get a new amp. I've been wanting to make a similar purchase, but I can't justify spending enough money that could buy a cheap car.

Carvin pups tend to be pretty bad. I'm not one to swap pickups out just for the sake of doing it, but the ones in my DC145 were terrible, especially the neck pickup. The guitars themselves though are pretty good.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
That is the prettiest 7-string guitar I've ever seen. You are indeed a lucky player. HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it for a long, long time!
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
omidmash
Tab Contributor
1,076 IQ
i came
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig
1,400 IQ
Quote by RockAddict311
I'd say don't touch the pups and get a new amp.

Carvin's pickups are mediocre at best. And chances are if you drop $2000 on a guitar you already have a nice amp or you're working towards it.

Anyways...

Happy New Guitar Day and welcome to the Carvin Club! I've had my DC-747 for about 5 years now and it's still my favorite guitar. I was absolutely drooling when I saw the full page ad in Guitar World for the carve top 7 string. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, I love the natural wood finish.

Did you get the mahogany body? Mine has walnut and it's really bright and chimey, not so much on the low end.

After seeing this thread, I'm pretty sure I've lost all GAS for the Yngwie Malmsteen Fender (even though I get a huge discount on Fenders). Gotta have another Carvin!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
Quote by MESAexplorer
Happy New Guitar Day and welcome to the Carvin Club! I've had my DC-747 for about 5 years now and it's still my favorite guitar. I was absolutely drooling when I saw the full page ad in Guitar World for the carve top 7 string. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, I love the natural wood finish.

Did you get the mahogany body? Mine has walnut and it's really bright and chimey, not so much on the low end.

Oh, I've been a Carvin club guy since the days of yore, way back in the summer of 2012. Albeit, that one (SC90) wasn't my specs and I picked up for somewhere around $600 (it was like $650 or $625, I don't remember exactly).

And nope, the body is koa, and the neck is the 5 piece maple/walnut deal. My SC90 is mahogany though.

Official Approval

Mister A.J.
Mister A.J.
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig
1,400 IQ
Quote by Mister A.J.
Oh, I've been a Carvin club guy since the days of yore, way back in the summer of 2012. Albeit, that one (SC90) wasn't my specs and I picked up for somewhere around $600 (it was like $650 or $625, I don't remember exactly).

And nope, the body is koa, and the neck is the 5 piece maple/walnut deal. My SC90 is mahogany though.

Hows the koa sound compared to the mahogany?

I've been interested in both koa or mahogany for my next Carvin whenever that may be.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
Quote by MESAexplorer
Hows the koa sound compared to the mahogany?

I've been interested in both koa or mahogany for my next Carvin whenever that may be.

I adore the koa, and I'd take it over the mahogany any day of the week.

Official Approval

Mister A.J.
Mister A.J.