Page 3 of 9
Quote by OfCourseNot
I was about to say this song is advanced, but after looking at the tab I guess it is intermediate.

I wish I had a 7-string

Yeah well Tool's Vicarious is considered advanced by whoever wrote the tab, and that song isn't even in the same league as Make Total Destroy when it comes to difficulty.
Make Total Destroy is a tricky one, there's no lead parts but a lot of the rhythm is pretty hard, getting it all clean would be difficult. I would say it should be advanced, given that we lowered the boundary for advanced songs a few months ago.
Quote by whywefight
Yeah well Tool's Vicarious is considered advanced by whoever wrote the tab, and that song isn't even in the same league as Make Total Destroy when it comes to difficulty.

Well knowing how typical Tool fans are, they like to rate their songs higher than it's supposed to be. ZOMG LATERALUZ SUPER ADVANCED
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Can I have Bruce springsteen the river - for easy bass, easy guitar, and harmonica for 'other'.
Then Enter Shikari - "Arguing with thermometers" for intermediate guitar.
Metallica - "Hit the lights" for intermedite Bass.

Thanks!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Well knowing how typical Tool fans are, they like to rate their songs higher than it's supposed to be. ZOMG LATERALUZ SUPER ADVANCED

Well yeah, that's how the stereotype goes, but they're not usually as vocal about it as people say.

The Nail - Children Of Bodom (guitar/advanced)
I may wear corpsepaint for this one.
Change my easy guitar to Float On by Modest Mouse

Keep the Muse song in the bass category though

Thanks!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by whywefight

But the tab difficulty isn't for describing how hard the song is. It's to describe the amount of detail in the actual tab itself. Like, one version can have a simpler way of playing a solo (novice) while the other tab is fully detailed with like, a two handed solo and a bunch of pinch harmonics and stuff (advanced). You get the point.

OT: Thinking about participating. Might do Ruination of the Lost by Unearth. I think that would be under advanced, I guess? Not really sure. Just thinking about it for now.

When you say the winners get points, do you mean the actual points like for the rankings?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Ah. Cool!
Quote by darkwolf291
Would an Ocarina be acceptable?

Yes. I challenge you to an Ocarina-off!
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by Cavalcade
No full-band Dream Theater covers, no full-band Dream Theater covers, no full-band Dream Theater covers...

you don't like my full band Dream Theater covers?

also Charlie, I think the hosts should have access to this so that they can update this. :3

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/catpm/blog/106930/
Well if we're raising the stakes of this Ocarina battle, then I shall have to break out my kazoo!
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

I have a recorder..... Which I have not played in years. But I could do Frere Jacques and be within the rules, couldn't I? But I won't.

Guitar wise...
Horizons by Steve Hackett
Put it down as intermediate.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by one vision
Shamer, you should play your Ocarina also.

I need to practice a bit more. The GF did just get me a double Ocarina for christmas. I'll keep this in mind for next month.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Quote by niejel
you don't like my full band Dream Theater covers?

also Charlie, I think the hosts should have access to this so that they can update this. :3

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/catpm/blog/106930/

I thought I had made all the hosts mods on the page :s

EDIT: just checked, because I made the group i am listed as the owner, the rest of the hosts are listed as moderators. I also checked the group settings, everything the owner can do so can the moderators so all of you should be able to update blogs etc, but if anyone does please post saying that you have, otherwise we may end up updating the scoreboard twice.
Last edited by Random3 at Mar 3, 2013,
Ah, what the hell.

Sign me up. I'm doing Ruination of the Lost by Unearth for intermediate guitar. Gonna use my 7-string, yo.
Man, been so long since I've signed up for one of these.

I'd do it this month, but I have 3 gigs and a studio session to practice to ..
Quote by darkwolf291
I'm gonna blow you out of the water....Once I pick a song...

Well I shall boil all the water then blow you out of the remaining steam with my mad skills! (I'm really bad at smack talk).

I think I'll go for Ballad of the Wind Fish from the Legend of Zelda for now. I may change that before the deadline as I have an idea for something awesome, if it works.
Quote by CV334

hi
welcome to this forum site , you post a very good thread,
but i don't know about your question, so i am sorry........
please find your solution from your friends and seniors.
if you want to reach classified websites please click this link...
----------------------------------------------
Top ten classified website
OP Updated.

Let me know if I missed anybody.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Completely forgot about this I haven't been checking it at all.

I'll have a think of what to do and let you know
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Completely forgot about this I haven't been checking it at all.

I'll have a think of what to do and let you know

How the heck did you forget? You submitted an airborne cover last month.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
How the heck did you forget? You submitted an airborne cover last month.

I have no idea man! I haven't even checked the outcome of that... Not been with it recently

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
I have no idea man! I haven't even checked the outcome of that... Not been with it recently

you POSTED in the voting threads you numpty!

Are you high Leon?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
you POSTED in the voting threads you numpty!

Are you high Leon?

I know but that was like a weekkkkkk aggooooo!!!!

I mean I haven't checked the outcome of last months submissions and forgot about this months

Nah I'm just tired haha. Had a really lazy last few days since we handed in our last group project and then having one of the guys in our group completely screwing us over and lying in his peer review. DICK!

So yeah, I've just been lazy the last few days and not really with it

Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by leony03 at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by leony03
I know but that was like a weekkkkkk aggooooo!!!!

I mean I haven't checked the outcome of last months submissions and forgot about this months

Nah I'm just tired haha. Had a really lazy last few days since we handed in our last group project and then having one of the guys in our group completely screwing us over and lying in his peer review. DICK!

So yeah, I've just been lazy the last few days and not really with it

You know, you don't have to take part if you're lazy. It's not an obligation.

Just do it next month when you have everything sorted.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You know, you don't have to take part if you're lazy. It's not an obligation.

Just do it next month when you have everything sorted.

NO! I will do it It gets me playing guitar more and learning To be honest, next month I will probably be working on my dissertation quite a lot so this months is probably better

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
NO! I will do it It gets me playing guitar more and learning To be honest, next month I will probably be working on my dissertation quite a lot so this months is probably better

whatever works for you!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Got Spoils down at about 85% speed

Now to sloooooowly move it up
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Got Spoils down at about 85% speed

Now to sloooooowly move it up

Looking forward to it

I've got all of Sequoia Throne down at full speed apart from the sweeps at the end, will plan on recording it over the next few days.