yeah pretty much the octavia is a fuzz pedal that has an octave up function, they can be touch sensitive too, best to use on the neck pickup of a single coil loaded gtr, can really here it higher up on the neck
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Can you use the octave up function without the fuzz and vice versa?
Quote by yorkey
Can you use the octave up function without the fuzz and vice versa?

No. If you want an octave fuzz which lets you turn off the octave look at a foxx tone machine (or clone of one).

i personally think it is better than an octavia. more over the top octave.

it sounds completely different though. for just octave maybe look into something like a micro pog or earthquaker devies organizer.
But say you want to do something like Jack White does with the octave pedal, just making the notes higher, but every time you do there's a massive surge in fuzz? I don't see why anyone would want the two combined.
you can buy an octave pedal, boss makes one, and i'm sure others make them too, i have the whammy pedal which has the octave up and down setting
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
There are pedals which just do octave. did you read my post? look at a pog, micro pog, organiser. i think jack white uses a whammy though.

like i said, the foxx tone machine octave fuzz is awesome. if it doesn't suit you, that is fine, it has worked for many players for many years though.