Hey guys,

I just recently got a Bugera 333XL. This is a big upgrade for me because I've never had an amp with so many knobs, lol. This is really the first amp I've had that has three independent channels so I'm kind of at a loss. I've had no experience with this so I'm not really sure what good uses for the crunch channel over the lead channel. They both sound like distortion channels to me. Can anyone give me examples of ways they use crunch channels or lead channels in different situations?
crunch channel for rhythm stuff, lead channel for...well, leads
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I have a Bugera 333 and I really only used the crunch and clean channels. The lead ch is just too compressed for what I liked playing.
Set each ch to what you like and think sounds good there is no set rule.
Now the XL buttons can make the amp sound bigger and fuller than it does normally.

I still have my 333, but it has not been played in over a yr. They sound good, but the build quality is pretty poor. I got luck and have only had minor problems:m input jack had to be replaced.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Personally, I'd set the crunch channel with a touch less mids and more bass, and use it for chunky rhythm playing.

Then have the lead channel with boosted mids and treble to slice through the mix when you wanna tear shit up

Hope you enjoy your new amp, pal. And have a problem free purchase!!!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
I would start with every knob at 5 (maybe not volume but everything else). That way you'll find the differences between the channels. Lead channels usually have more gain and maybe a mid boost. Crunch channel usually has less distortion and maybe a bit different voicing.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115