Hi peeps im wondering if the weather here in sg or in general affects the condition of a guitar.i think the taylor saleman told me something about most other guitars having somewhat of a detereorating effect because of the weather here in sg.im wondering if this is true.i want to get a yamaha ll6 but if there is going to be any effects on it because of singapores weather,id rather go for the bbt.thanks
tough one. you're gonna hafta go see your local music shop and check on precautions to be taken. i can tell you about the wildly swinging humidity issues here in NY but, SG is outta my hands.
Quote by MassiveGuy
Hi peeps im wondering if the weather here in sg or in general affects the condition of a guitar.i think the taylor saleman told me something about most other guitars having somewhat of a detereorating effect because of the weather here in sg.im wondering if this is true.i want to get a yamaha ll6 but if there is going to be any effects on it because of singapores weather,id rather go for the bbt.thanks
Oh, I could have my geography all wrong, but if you have a "monsoon season", I'm willing to bet that's a real guitar killer. "Puff the Magic Soundboard".

And the moral of the story is, get laminated, or get air conditioning . Even with air you'd need to monitor the humidity in the other direction to insure it didn't get too low.
Hi neighbor. I live in Thailand, similar enough I figure. Yes, it can make guitars sound like cardboad unless you are very cautious with air con and all.... but then if you go to a non air con venue, your guitar will have to adjust.... In my experience, usually Asian built guitars can handle the climate better. Korean built Crafter, Breedlove laugh it off. USA built Tacoma jumbo looked like a Russian that spent too much time at the beach: The finish literally peeled off like sun burnt skin! Lariviee is mostly happy, tho crap Ping tuners rusted up very fast. Grovers don't get pitted up either.
Quote by Emster 23
...[ ]...USA built Tacoma jumbo looked like a Russian that spent too much time at the beach: The finish literally peeled off like sun burnt skin!....[ ]....
Was this a nitro finish? Because lacquer has very little in the way of flex, and only fair adhesion to boot.
Nope, not that I know of anyway (lac finish). For those in the know it is a jm16ce4sb, which means jumbo mahogany 16 model cutaway electric (fishman prefix plus) sun burst, I think. It sounded great, still does, and maybe even better with some of the finish off.... the top swelled up so much at first that I had to cut some slots in the bridge after lowering the saddle. Piano like tones.
Dealer at one shop in USA said something about that finish problem being common and that Fender would buy them back. I'd rather keep it, warts and all. It is a wonderful jumbo.
Last edited by Emster 23 at Mar 9, 2013,