So yeah, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, so I'm pretty much just copying the template I've seen others use.

1. Biffy Clyro - Kill the Old, Torture their Young
2. Oceansize - Drag the 'Nal/Dead Dogs an' All Sorts/As the Smoke Clears
3. Mew - Introducing Palace Players
4. Deftones - Gauze
5. Cult of Luna - Finland
6. Amplifier - Forever and More
7. Mogwai - Ex-cowboy
8. Crippled Black Phoenix - We Forgotten Who We Are
9. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep

Mostly proggy/post-rocky stuff, but a fair bit of variety I think and a seriously heavy bit in the middle. So yeah, only nine tracks, but since several of them are +10 mins, I figured I could get away with that.

The ones you'll either love or hate are probably 5, and 9. Skip any of the others and I'll hunt you down and rape you to death. Seriously though, as a word of warning, 5 is really long and heavy, and 9 isn't heavy but is really, really long. They're all awesome though. Who am I kidding, you've all probably heard Godspeed before anyway.

Apologies to BenRaah, who, in retrospect, has probably heard just about all these songs before.

Anyway, yeah - enjoy. Or else.

[something about how any randomer even remotely interested in joining in should sign up here, and not worry whatsoever about being judged in any way because we're so desperate for applicants that we don't care if you submit 10 Justin Bieber songs.]
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Mar 2, 2013,
Some fine choices here. Never heard of Crippled Black Phoenix but I'm familiar with the rest, though I never really liked that Amplifier song.

Bah, you added the wrong oceansize video!
Last edited by BenRaah at Mar 2, 2013,
Quote by BenRaah
Some fine choices here. Never heard of Crippled Black Phoenix but I'm familiar with the rest, though I never really liked that Amplifier song.

Bah, you added the wrong oceansize video!

Ah, sorry. Fixed now.

Crippled Black Phoenix are awesome - enjoy. Glad to have something new to you.

Fair enough with the Amplifier, but personally it's one of my favourites off the album.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
You should get yourself on lastfm dawg, I reckon we'd have super super compatibility. You're pretty much listening to all the stuff I was obsessed with a couple of years ago.

Man this Crippled Black Phoenix track is so fucking cool!
Last edited by BenRaah at Mar 2, 2013,
Quote by BenRaah
You should get yourself on lastfm dawg, I reckon we'd have super super compatibility. You're pretty much listening to all the stuff I was obsessed with a couple of years ago.

Man this Crippled Black Phoenix track is so fucking cool!

Sure - I've never bothered with Last.fm before, but I can give it a shot. Got to get stuff done right now, but I'd be more than willing to give it a roll some other day.

Yeah, I guess they're post-rock, but in a much more direct and less ambient way than most post-rock bands. They've got a lot of variety but they often come back to a classic rock/prog aesthetic, which you can definitely hear in this track - throughout the album really. They're really a supergroup actually - members from Mogwai, Iron Monkey, Electric Wizard, etc.

I, Vigilante is the name of this album, and it's well-worth buying.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I'll be sure to check out that album then.

Lastfm doesn't really serve much purpose but it's fun, cool to look back on how your tastes have changed over time and such. I'm a bit of a nerd for charts and stats as well so it satisfies that nicely.
The only band here I've ever listened to is Cult of Luna, but I don't recognize a few of the other songs, so I'm still looking forward to it.
Quote by edgeyyz
The only band here I've ever listened to is Cult of Luna, but I don't recognize a few of the other songs, so I'm still looking forward to it.

Cool. That track, the Deftones one and, I guess, the Oceansize track (which is really three tracks TBH, I kind of cheated) are the only really heavy bits, and the latter isn't really all that heavy taken as a whole. The rest is mostly prog, with sprinklings of post-rock. Which, of course, means virtually every track is + 6 mins at the very least. So yeah, enjoy.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
*cough*

So, uh, what did you guys think?
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Good mix, though Cult of Luna and Biffy seemed to be the low points for me. It was also nice to hear something from an Oceansize EP since all I've heard so far are their four albums.
Quote by edgeyyz
Good mix, though Cult of Luna and Biffy seemed to be the low points for me. It was also nice to hear something from an Oceansize EP since all I've heard so far are their four albums.

Fair enough. I debated for a while which Biffy track to use, maybe should have gone for something from Vertgo or Infinity Land. And yeah, I guess you do have to be in the mood for Cult of Luna.

Glad you enjoyed it overall though, and yeah, that EP in particular is fantastic. Pretty rare though - new copies go for, like £40 on CD. Was lucky enough to find a decent used copy on Amazon for £8.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by BenRaah
I think that EP is actually my favourite release of theirs

I couldn't possibly pick, personally. For me it's probably between Frames and Self Preserved though - depends on the mood I'm in which I prefer.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
This was a pretty good playlist, was a bit eccentric at times, but still worked out nicely. I'd heard of all the bands except for Amplifier and Crippled Black Phoenix, who didn't really do it for me. IPP is one of my favourite Mew songs, I love GY!BE, and I never say no to a bit of Mogwai.

Might have to go give Oceansize a bit more of a listen.