Can owners of these two models say what they thing about them?

The thing is ... I want to play both buddy guy type of blues yet still be able to play soft thick bb king type as well as playing old school rock or just slow relaxing songs, I feel like the Strat will still sound "stingy" when I play it with my thumb and smoothly.

How is the wood quality etc. on that Epiphone? I own an Ibanez AK95 and the quality of that quitar is well below my Fender 50s precision bass. Everything about it is better in terms of quality and material etc.
apples and oranges really. tonally you can't really get those 2 tones out of both without some compromise. the Epi is a nice guitar and better built than many of their semi-hollows (which are all fairly decent. BB did use a tele back in the early 50s.
I have owned many Fender MIA, MIM, and Squiers. I also owned an Epiphone and currently own a Gibson Traditional.

In my opinion, a Stratocaster will never sound beefy, even with different pickups.
The way the guitar is built and the woods affect the tone.

A Les Paul and a Stratocaster are two different beasts.

I believe the Fender is really the best quality for the price. The factory in Mexico is much better (still my personal opinion) than the Epiphone factory in the far east.

This said, if you try an Epiphone and love it, don't buy the Fender just because it's more for the price.

I believe that I overpaid for my Gibson Les Paul but no other guitar I played gave me that tone.

If you love them both sound wise, get the Fender.

If I had to choose, I'd buy the Fender for sure. Don't really liked the semi hollow Epiphones I tried and loved the Classic Player Fender I tried.
Last edited by TubeBlues at Mar 2, 2013,
Quote by TubeBlues
I have owned many Fender MIA, MIM, and Squiers. I also owned an Epiphone and currently own a Gibson Traditional.

In my opinion, a Stratocaster will never sound beefy, even with different pickups.
The way the guitar is built and the woods affect the tone.

A Les Paul and a Stratocaster are two different beasts.

I believe the Fender is really the best quality for the price. The factory in Mexico is much better (still my personal opinion) than the Epiphone factory in the far east.

This said, if you try an Epiphone and love it, don't buy the Fender just because it's more for the price.

I believe that I overpaid for my Gibson Les Paul but no other guitar I played gave me that tone.

If you love them both sound wise, get the Fender.

If I had to choose, I'd buy the Fender for sure. Don't really liked the semi hollow Epiphones I tried and loved the Classic Player Fender I tried.

I've been thinking and the thing is I might as well use my AK95 when I want the beefy tone, then use the strat when I want to go crazy, haha. That way I have a lot of difference between the guitars
Quote by shajan.k
I've been thinking and the thing is I might as well use my AK95 when I want the beefy tone, then use the strat when I want to go crazy, haha. That way I have a lot of difference between the guitars

I could not agree more! Trust me, the Mexican are extremely surprising!
I even prefer by far the vintage reissue Mexicans to the standard MIA (vintage freak, can't help it!)

One of the best guitars for the price I've ever tried was THIS ONE (the one with the vintage specs).