im looking to get another strat and i really want a sss since i already have an hss. but on craigslist there is a fat strat that is 50 bucks less what do you think?
I think you buy the HSS one and wire the bridge pickup for a coil tap and you have the versatility of both!
well i want to drop new pups in it regardless, which is why im thinking about the cheaper hss but i want to be able to play it till i get the 200 for pups
Quote by randywolf244
well i want to drop new pups in it regardless, which is why im thinking about the cheaper hss but i want to be able to play it till i get the 200 for pups

I would snag it then man. You have a LOT more options for pickups with the Humbucker route, and you can pretty much try anything you want in those routes. Wire up the coil-tap and you can split coils and still basically be playing a SSS config ya know?
unfortunatly both were already sold...

my never ending quest continues.

i guess it's for the best as neither were exactly what i wanted
Im a Strat purist if you will. Strats should be SSS. I'll forgive you for the HSS you currently own. Get the SSS.
Quote by randywolf244
unfortunatly both were already sold...

my never ending quest continues.

i guess it's for the best as neither were exactly what i wanted

DOH! Keep on looking!
if the fat strat was cheaper, and you are looking to swap pickups, why not get a SSS pickguard and all singles. i am about 99% sure that will work.

you would be $50 ahead, spend $30 get a new flavor of pick guard color/style and a $20 for a case of beer.

i do realize they just sold, but it hadn't been totally mentioned.

good luck
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
In my opinion, the single coil in the bridge position is a large part of what makes a Strat a Strat.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Sunshine86
In my opinion, the single coil in the bridge position is a large part of what makes a Strat a Strat.

totally agree