Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112v and I am currentluy thinking about trading it in to get a Squire Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster.

Question: Do you think this will be worth it, or should I stick with my Pacifica?

Cheers
Dude this is coming from prolly the biggest fender fan boy on the forum... Don't buy a squire unless your willing to drop a couple hundred in parts. Your better off getting a used mim fender
Quote by randywolf244
Dude this is coming from prolly the biggest fender fan boy on the forum... Don't buy a squire unless your willing to drop a couple hundred in parts. Your better off getting a used mim fender

Do you know anything at all about the CV series?

Get the squire.
Hi.

I have indeed been reading up on the CV series. Seems pretty good, but thought I would seek some advice from people with CV experience. Thanks again
The Classic Vibe 50s series of guitars are outrageously good. Over the last few weeks I've been playing dozens of new and used MIMs, trying to find one that felt nicer than the CVs i've played0 and I just couldn't.

Go to a shop and try both if you can, don't let anyone else make up your mind. After all, It's going to be your guitar.
Quote by Arctine
The Classic Vibe 50s series of guitars are outrageously good. Over the last few weeks I've been playing dozens of new and used MIMs, trying to find one that felt nicer than the CVs i've played0 and I just couldn't.

Go to a shop and try both if you can, don't let anyone else make up your mind. After all, It's going to be your guitar.

Arctine: I wouldn't say that I am a great player but I think I have outgrown my Pacifica and need an affordable upgrade to start gigging with. Cheers dude
Get yourself down to a guitar shop and see what you like.

For what it's worth, I haven't found a single classic vibe guitar that played badly when I was looking for a new Strat.
Thats hardly an upgrade at all, the guitars are on par if anything ...
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
I've been guitar browsing myself and I've played both models at my guitar center's used inventory.
The Squier CV Telecaster is, in my opinion, the better one out of the two.
It's sound seems to be be better if not similar than an MiM telecaster that GC had and it feels like you're holding a Fender Custom Shop tele.

Don't be fooled when people say Squiers suck. It's probably because they had a bad experience with the Affinity series guitars. The vintage modified and classic vibe lineup of guitars are outstanding for the price you pay for.
My 0.02$
Last edited by oceansdeep_ at Mar 3, 2013,