Hopefully the title wasn't too misleading, since I have been playing guitar for around 8 years now. I recently decided that my amp and my one Cry Baby Standard Wah was starting to get a bit boring.
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me some good pedals, for a relatively low price (since I don't have a huge weekly income and I spent all my money on a new guitar).
I'm currently looking into buying a fuzz pedal, but I am open to suggestions, furthermore, I suppose that I'll go to a store and try a bunch but it would be nice to know some specific ones to try out.

Thanks.
EHX Big Muff Pi
Devi Ever she makes a shit tone of diffrent fuzz pedals
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss Fuzz
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi is pretty much your only solution, especially if you go used. I mean there might be alternatives for less, but I'm not aware of them. Hmmmmmmmm Hopefully somebody else knows.
Big Muff. Maybe check out the ProCo Rat also, I forget if that's a fuzz pedal or more distortion pedal.
bigmuffs always a good start, but what bands do you like that you know use fuzz pedals. we might be able to recommend you something better.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
You have delay? It's amazing how much that can breathe life into a sterile tone.

If not, maybe a MXR Carbon Copy. Awesome and simple.

Univibe is another good one for adding fun.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Last edited by Deadpool_25 at Mar 3, 2013,
I currently run a ZVex fuzz factory, a Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz, and I've just bought a Blackout Twosome fuzz as well. ALL worthy fuzz pedals and between them they cover just about everything from mild vintage fuzz to crazy velcro 8 bit sounds.
Also I'm running a Line 6 DL4 and an EHX deluxe memory man, which really add mood and space.
The effect I have the most fun with though is my Digitech Whammy 4. Should be a staple for most modern players IMO.
what is your current setup? guitar... amp... etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Alright, my current set up is;
A Gibson Les Paul Classic 2008 (Took about a year to save up for it but so worth it)
Roland Cube 40 Watts (I need to upgrade soon)

The bands I listen to the most are: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Rush, Supertramp and Neil Young w/ Crazy Horse.

Thanks for the replies so far, I really appreciate them.
I'm not sure if the Cube will work well with pedals, especially distortion pedals. All of its sounds are digital, it doesn't have a non-modeling channel. My Microcube sounded terrible with distortion pedals.

And your Cube has built in effects. Have you tried them? Are you just looking for a fuzz sound?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
OMG this changes everything.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
There is a Devi Ever Legend of Fuzz pedal on GC used site for $59, it is a great fuzz pedal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Big Muff is good, some of the other ones mentioned here are on the expensive side like Zvex/ Blackout Effectors Fuzzes.
There is a clean without any sound modification, but like I said, I am trying to buy a new tube amp.. perhaps at summer time.
I am looking for that fuzz sound though.
Quote by Wicer
There is a clean without any sound modification, but like I said, I am trying to buy a new tube amp.. perhaps at summer time.
I am looking for that fuzz sound though.

Even the clean channel is modeling. It's modeled after JC120. At least that's how it's in all the other Cubes.

And you might want to wait until you have bought the new amp. The new sound might inspire you and you might not need the pedal. And also different pedals work with different amps. If you bought a pedal that worked with the Cube, it could sound like crap through your new amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115