Hi! I just bought an Ibanez s770fm which has a pickup configuration- HSH. I run it through a blackstar ht 5r 5w tube amp with a maxon od 808. However I'm not happy with the stock pups. I really want to replace the stock pups.

I play mostly heavy metal, thrash, death, progressive etc. But I also play Blues. I really want the new pups to be versatile yet extremely good in their own rights.

For the bridge I'm pretty sure I'm getting the distortion sh 6 because I really like the sound it gives.I'm not quite sure about the middle and neck pups though. Well, I think I'll be getting the jazz sh 2 for the neck for really good, warm blues tone I'm looking for(alternatives welcome!). Now the problem is I'm not at all sure about the middle pickup. I want a medium output pup with very good cleans for soloing as well as neat distortion leads, much like Malmsteen's in Black Star. But it also must give me Joe Satriani, Blackmore (highway star solo kind of), and Gilmour-like tones. I had a look at dimarzios - true velvet, area 58 etc but I'm not not convinced.

Please help, any advice is appreciated.!
i have a 3550MZ ibby prestige and they came with true velvet's, and i am not really impressed. it would be much nicer if it had a little more bass to it, but . for reference the others are Tone Zone and Air Norton. the true velvet is no where as loud the TZ/AN, i haven't found much use for it.

i really like the air norton in neck.

i am going to get a crunchlab in the bridge for my 2570EVSL, with a liquifire (JP set), and i also don't know what to throw in the middle. SC sized bucker.

(i know the TZ and CL probably aren't your flavor i just wanted to give you the rest of the details).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have a 3550MZ ibby prestige and they came with true velvet's, and i am not really impressed. it would be much nicer if it had a little more bass to it, but . for reference the others are Tone Zone and Air Norton. the true velvet is no where as loud the TZ/AN, i haven't found much use for it.

i really like the air norton in neck.

i am going to get a crunchlab in the bridge for my 2570EVSL, with a liquifire (JP set), and i also don't know what to throw in the middle. SC sized bucker.

(i know the TZ and CL probably aren't your flavor i just wanted to give you the rest of the details).

Thanks for you opinion man.!
But I'm more of a duncan boy..would like some duncan suggestions :P
I'm planning to get a S770 as well, and I plan to put on it a SH-6 and SH-2 and probably this in the middle.

EDIT: It would seem that we're going to buy the same bridge and neck pups
Quote by anjansahu
Thanks for you opinion man.!
But I'm more of a duncan boy..would like some duncan suggestions :P

i'm more of a Dimarzio guy. i have had guitars with SD's on them, but only '59, JB, and Jazz. the only thing that really sticks to memory was liking the '59 and hating the JB. lol.

pickups are something that sucks to advise people on. its kind of a personal thing. it would be kind of like buying clothes for somebody else.

(i know you wouldn't be in need of any of the below, just showing preference, wouldn't be overly practical to buy).

honestly my favorite pickups are gibson's 500t, and the Peavey Wolfgang pickups, they are made by dimarzio and supposedly as close possible to the EVH EBMM pickups, they are really similar though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
DiMarzio Cruiser would be ideal for the single coil. As for the others, there are so many damn choices. I love me a nice PAF, but I have the AN/TZ combo in my Warmoth lol, and they do whatever I want 'em to.
H E L P!

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.