I need a good light weight practice amp with some ass behind it , tube or digital please give me some recomendations , want something new and maybe under 600.00 US but could go more or less .... size , weight and sound is more important than cost

I have a late 60's early 70's Kustom tube amp thats big and heavy , love the sound but the wife wants it out of the family room and I hate moving it cause its 90 plus pounds with a tiny little grab handle ..... I bought a Line 6 spider 3 with 15watt 8 inch speaker and it just doesn't cut it ...... any rec omendations appreciated

thanks , Eric
There isn't much info here, we really need some band names, but a small little amp with a tight power supply?

VHT Special 6?

Try it out of course, YMMV.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I have a Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp, and it gives pretty nice punch. Takes pedals good as well.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
I have a Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp, and it gives pretty nice punch. Takes pedals good as well.

This.
what type of music?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I play country , rock and roll and some blues , I have a Les Paul copy , fender strat , epiphone , just ordered a new G& L Legacy and have Ovation acoustic/electric I want something powerful , small and fairly light weight , preferible something under 50 pounds or so .... it hurts my back to carry my big Kustom amp in every time I want to play and my little Line 6 just don't cut it , has no low's or anything compared to what I'm used to hearing
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Mar 3, 2013,
Peavey Classic 30 is one you should look at
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Peavey Classic 30 is one you should look at

thank you , just got off Peavey's web site , that looks like a winner
Peavey Classic 30 is good. An Egnater Rebel 30 would probably be a good bet too. I love mine and it can get real nice and punchy. Other than that, maybe a Blues Jr. and a dirt box?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Fumble fingers
thank you , just got off Peavey's web site , that looks like a winner

I would not be suprised if it does not become your main amp They are great amps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How about a Peavey Bandit 112? 40 lbs., 1X12, 100 watts, Transtube, will blow the walls out if you want it to, and built like a tank.
------------------------------
Ibanez Artstar AS80
Yamaha CG151C
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys
the Bandit is not a whole lot smaller than my Kustom she wants out , this is a wife thing , hate to say it , but I think she'll like the classic 30 as far as fitting in her decor ..lol
You can score Classic 30's for around $350 used all day long, many times for $300. They're excellent amps and sound great!

If you wanted to stretch your budget a bit and are willing to go used, you could score a Soldano Atomic 16 or possibly a 44 (I think). Mesa Maverick is another notable amp. An Orange AD30 might interest you as well. Or several of the Laney amps. $600-800 gives you a huge range of excellent gear in the used market, and if you buy on eBay you have all the Buyer Protection through eBay AND PayPal if you get a lemon
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Robbgnarly
I would not be suprised if it does not become your main amp They are great amps

"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Flux'D
You can score Classic 30's for around $350 used all day long, many times for $300. They're excellent amps and sound great!

good idea !! ... checked CL and found one two towns over for 375.00 with cover in perfect condition for 375.00 , I'll own tonight .... there was a couple others that looked fully "broken in" for 300.00 and 350.00 but I wanted a new looking one

thanks everybody that replied , Eric
If you don't require a tube amp, tech 21 trademark 30 is probably the best non-tube amp I've ever played. Will sound better than a lot of tube amps at bedroom levels and is very versatile. Also a capable amp for studio purposes. I used to play a trademark 60 in a band and we played anything from Steve Vai to jazz, worked very nicely. Also a buddy of mine uses a tm30 to amplify his acoustic while gigging, and it sounds great.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/tech_21/trademark_30/index.html
Those Trademark 60's are very nice amps, I've got one that hangs out in my living room 24/7 as a "I just thought of a riff" amp
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
got the Peavey Classic 30 amp after work tonight and gotta say its pretty darn good for the size weight , the recomendation was spot on , can't believe I found one local off of CL that quick ... looks brand new with Peavey cover , sounds pretty darn close to my big Kustom amp , very happy

thanks again , Eric
Quote by Fumble fingers
got the Peavey Classic 30 amp after work tonight and gotta say its pretty darn good for the size weight , the recomendation was spot on , can't believe I found one local off of CL that quick ... looks brand new with Peavey cover , sounds pretty darn close to my big Kustom amp , very happy

thanks again , Eric

Glad to help, enjoy it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate