Hey everyone!

I recently started learning guitar ( I LOVE it!) and I started off renting one which was the Yamaha F310 and I found that it was rather uncomfortable to play, my shoulders got tired after practicing for awhile so I think it was too big? I'm 14 but I'm still kind of small haha.

Anyways, I'm looking for a smaller body guitar,or thinner body, it doesn't necessarily have to be 3/4 size , under $250, available in Canada, that has good sound. I don't want to spend too much on it now in case I switch to a full size one in the future.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated, I'm having lots of trouble finding one right now!

THANK YOU all in advance!
yamaha fg700 should be right in that price range. best all around lower end guitar by popular opinion.
but he's looking for something small, not a dread.

lessee... seagull makes a parlor and it might be available in canada for your price, as godin (makers of seagull and art & lutherie, among others) is canadian. you might also want to check out and art & lutherie folk and also an art & lutherie ami. the ami is the same size as the seagull parlor, although i believe it is also available as a 12 fretter as well as a 14 fretter. pretty sure you can find the ami at your price range. you might also be able to find a used (or on sale) recording king RP-06 in your price range, and it's a good guitar - honestly i prefer it to the ami, but it's usually around $275 to $290 here in the states.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
In that price range i can only think of a yamaha FS720 or a Cort luce. With the Cort i believe they have a parlour style and a folk/concert style. The Cort for sure will be under $250, the yamaha maybe a bit more.
Those Canadian guitars are nice. Maybe an orchestra sized one would fit the bill for you. Smaller than dread, but not too small. I am looking for a parlor these days, so been checking out the Canadians. Even if you get bigger and decide to get a dread, keep the smaller one. More articulate and tons of fun. Don't need a cannon when a shotgun will do at times.
OM/000 guitars have a lower bout that's close to as large as a dread - within 3/4" to an inch. if the op's shoulder is hurting, i'd think a 00, 0 or folk would be better.

Quote by Emster 23
Those Canadian guitars are nice. Maybe an orchestra sized one would fit the bill for you. Smaller than dread, but not too small. I am looking for a parlor these days, so been checking out the Canadians. Even if you get bigger and decide to get a dread, keep the smaller one. More articulate and tons of fun. Don't need a cannon when a shotgun will do at times.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!