I recently bought a set of TR pups for a guitar but the middle RW pup seems to be having a problem. There's a significant loss in volume and tone @ the bridge/ neck position only. All other positions have plenty of volume and are fairly equal in volume.
I had to raise the middle pup up way to close to the strings to get more volume. Switching to the center pos on middle only seems to work fine. It's just in the combo of bridge/ middle.
The one in the neck is fine and there's plenty of output from it being 1/4" away from the strings. I checked the pickup with a meter @ 6.3k so it seems okay there. Checked all solder joints and everything ohms out okay.
Anyone experience this with reverse wound pups.
Last edited by ajepifoyt at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by supersac
wait how is this a problem with the middle position if it loses volume at the bridge/neck position

Sorry. My typo.
The low volume and tone is only in the bridge/ middle pup switch pos. All the others are pretty well balanced tone and volume wise in all positions except that one.
if it sounds really thin its possible you wired the pick ups out of phase
if its only with that pssition and not the neck/middle position its possible its the neck try switching the ground and hot wires for the bridge and see if that helps
Quote by supersac
if it sounds really thin its possible you wired the pick ups out of phase
if its only with that pssition and not the neck/middle position its possible its the neck try switching the ground and hot wires for the bridge and see if that helps

You nailed it with the phasing issue.Swapped the wires and it's like a whole new sound.
Thanks a bunch! BTW, it even plays better and faster now.