I bought an Ibanez ART120 after reading UG reviews. Can this guitar be used for gigs or is it just for beginners?

Please tell me I made the right choice.
Last edited by Miltam at Mar 4, 2013,
You can use any guitar for gigs.

I played one and it seemed okay, not amazing. I hear people say negative things about the fretwork etc but that the guitar is okay. I'm sure there are good examples and poor examples of this guitar. Personally I think it's a beginner guitar that's better than the Squier Bullet and Affinity. Comparable to the CVs but not as good as the Epi LP Standard.

I can't say much more, it's okay lol.

The important thing is what do you think?

The review section on this website is full of articles where people have just bought a guitar, played it for 5 minutes and thrown a review up. They need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I would never trust a review from there unless it was from a reviewer I knew had the guitar for quite a while and could identify flaws and plus points objectively.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

The hell, don't try to gig with this guitar it will burst into flames.
Quote by resum
The hell, don't try to gig with this guitar it will burst into flames.

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
You can use any guitar for gigs.

I played one and it seemed okay, not amazing. I hear people say negative things about the fretwork etc but that the guitar is okay. I'm sure there are good examples and poor examples of this guitar. Personally I think it's a beginner guitar that's better than the Squier Bullet and Affinity. Comparable to the CVs but not as good as the Epi LP Standard.

I can't say much more, it's okay lol.

The important thing is what do you think?

The review section on this website is full of articles where people have just bought a guitar, played it for 5 minutes and thrown a review up. They need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I would never trust a review from there unless it was from a reviewer I knew had the guitar for quite a while and could identify flaws and plus points objectively.

Idk, I have mine and I don't see anything wrong with the fretboard or anything. I'm a very tractable person though, lol. I really get influenced by what others say so I see what you mean by asking what I think.

Anyway, I even like how it sounds on an 80 bucks worth amp, so Idk.
I don't know how long you've been playing. I don't know what amp you have, you might have got a Mesa Mark V for $80!

You like the tone and that's fine. It's either down to preference or (in)experience. What I mean by that is a beginner wouldn't know the difference between a Line 6 Spider and a Bassman. But that's a different matter. If you like it you like it and that's fine.

Do play through as many amps as possible though, you'll train your ear to the nuances of different amps and differences in frequency.

You might be an experienced pro, I'm just stating that as some advice.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Mar 4, 2013,
I'm friend with guy who has been playing gigs with a 50$ guitar for 8 years, and he sounds quite nice. Not a tone to die for, but it isn't destroying my hearing neither.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
can gig with any guitar..
2/3 of my gigging guitars are cheap pieces of shit.
ones action cant be set up, so its perfect for slide.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.