I've been messing around trying to get a good Leslie sound for years, but all the Leslie Amps are unreliable, loads of moving parts, and all the sims seem to color your tone.

So, I got thinking, and as I decided that if I got two very clean cheap small combos, set them up right, I simply went into my cupboard, took out my old rotary sim pedal, ran a lead out of the dry send of my chorus, into the lex and into 2 Cubes in stereo either side of my 4 x 12 and with the panning of the rotary it sounded really very good. I still need to tweak it, but for £450 I have just created a very versatile and controlable stereo Leslie.

Have a think about this as a concept...it works.
It's an old 90's Hiwatt cab, but respeakered (yesterday) with EVM12L's (the most punchy and unfortunately the most accurate speaker ever LOL!) The amp is a Hiwatt DR103 100w.

It really does work, and you get the liquidity of the Leslie sound going around the main 4 x 12 and it makes it shimmer....I'll do some clips. I set the Lex to boost when on Leslie mode, then click off to a lower vol, which still makes the soundscape bigger when on non-Les mode.
Quote by jakey333
So, I got thinking, and as I decided that if I got two very clean cheap small combos, set them up right, I simply went into my cupboard, took out my old rotary sim pedal, ran a lead out of the dry send of my chorus, into the lex and into 2 Cubes in stereo either side of my 4 x 12 and with the panning of the rotary it sounded really very good.

that is kinda like what i do too. i run a vibe effect panned between 2 amps with a 'clean' amp in the middle. i also use a mutron bi-phase to do that at times, the bi-phase is much more colorful.

i had a set of Leslie Model 60 speakers that do pretty much the same thing. they are a set of tremelo cabinets that are triggered with one of their electric motor/belt contraptions. still cool concept, they sounded really good.

my friend also had one of those fancy leslie DSP simulator pedals that sounded great, they do a pretty good job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5osnINfj_48
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae