TC Electronics Flashback.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
what do you need it for, there are many great delay pedals but if you can tell us what genre you play, what amp/gear you already use, and what you want from the delay then you'll get more useful suggestions.

that being said i like my boss dd20
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Maxon Or Ibanez AD9, Carbon Copy, TC Flashback, DD5,DD2,DD7, Stiff Amp Pshychoplex and TC Nova Delay
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
Analog or Digital? Budget? Location? Willing to go used?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Just wait at a UK Bus or Train station. That's the biggest delay for your money I think you can get.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Hardwire DL-8 is what I've got. Very versatile pedal, and I managed to get it for pretty cheap, too. Lots of different delay types, looper, true-bypass, and a cool option to have your delay trailing on after you switch off the pedal.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Fine Tc alter ego or earthquaker devices transport Jr.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
MXR carbon copy hasn't done me wrong yet. I do like them simple though.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
i've tried a lot of delay pedals...boss dd-6, dd-3, dd7, electro harmonix deluxe memory boy, strymon brigadier, line 6 modeller, diamond memory lane

but i ended up with the BOSS DD-20
for me it's the most versatile and best delay pedal. nice sound, nice quality and the most possibilities. i don't use the memory function, cause i need to tap my tempo, but if your band plays to a click the memoy function could be useful
Do Lace make delays? If so, one of them.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

TC Electronics Flashback or Line 6 DL4, can't go wrong with either

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by Mephaphil
Do Lace make delays? If so, one of them.

No. But if they did that would be cool. They make awesome pickups. I love my Ibanez AD9. But thats only if you like Analog delay! Or if you want a great Tape Delay Stiff Amp Psychoplex.
The Rig of Joy:
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Epiphone Prophecy
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Brigaider
STrymon Timeline
TC Electronic Nova Delay/Repeater
TC Electronic Flashback
Eventide Timefactor
JHS Panther
EHX Deluxe Memory Man
Rocket Alien Echo
Pigtronix Echolution
Toneczar Echo czar
Earthquaker devices Disaster transport

My favourites. Probbly the best out there. All different, all good in their own way
Quote by T7E
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Brigaider
STrymon Timeline
TC Electronic Nova Delay/Repeater
TC Electronic Flashback
Eventide Timefactor
JHS Panther
EHX Deluxe Memory Man
Rocket Alien Echo
Pigtronix Echolution
Toneczar Echo czar
Earthquaker devices Disaster transport

My favourites. Probbly the best out there. All different, all good in their own way

Nice Avatar :hah:

Havent heard of the Rocket Alien Echo or the earthquaker. I love pedals with weird names how are these?
The Rig of Joy:
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Epiphone Prophecy
ha cheers man. How's the stiffy goin?

I haven't bothered to look at them in a while since I became infatuated wwith the El Cap, but bear with me.....

I think the Rocket is a Tape echo emulation type pedal. Can't quite remember if it is analog or digital. Might have modulation. Nice pedal. Cheaper, less versatile EL Cap alternative

The Ghost Disaster is an analogue tape echo simulator with some sexy modulaton. I want one one day, definately. After I get the el cap hehe

Google/Youtube is your friend here. Both are really nice pedals, particuarly the Earthquaker. Both cost about $200-220

Enjoy man
Last edited by T7E at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by T7E
ha cheers man. How's the stiffy goin?

I haven't bothered to look at them in a while since I became infatuated wwith the El Cap, but bear with me.....

I think the Rocket is a Tape echo emulation type pedal. Can't quite remember if it is analog or digital. Might have modulation. Nice pedal. Cheaper, less versatile EL Cap alternative

The Ghost Disaster is an analogue tape echo simulator with some sexy modulaton. I want one one day, definately. After I get the el cap hehe

Google/Youtube is your friend here. Both are really nice pedals, particuarly the Earthquaker. Both cost about $200-220

Enjoy man

Right on! The Stiffy is quite stiff indeed Still so happy with it. It is really the best amp I've had to jam on.
The Rig of Joy:
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Epiphone Prophecy
My personal favorites (that won't kill the wallet):

TCE Flashback
Malekko Ekko 616
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-2 (MIJ if you can find it)
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I quite like my Ibanez DDL (Maxon) for an ultra-clean, perfect delay for leads and such. Anything where ultra-long delay times are needed, too. I like to just have it go on and on forever, sometimes, adding different tones sometimes. Eventually, it will just be for self-oscillating and I'll have more delays.

Again, this is coming from someone who isn't uber-picky, either.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by bburritt1
Right on! The Stiffy is quite stiff indeed Still so happy with it. It is really the best amp I've had to jam on.

Yeah I am considering a 50w model, among other things. SO cheap for all that amp.
Enjoy your delayage mate
Hey there, I'm in to loads of music but in terms of playing my preference is metal/rock. I'm looking to set up a nice little rig for gigging with a nice range of sounds which are suitable for rock/metal. I've got an ltd-f250 and my only pedals are cry baby and boss loop. Cheers for the replies peeps!
Peel my rat
The new malekko lo-fi delay if ****ing sweet, ironicly it sounds cleaner then the old
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Akai Head Rush
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Vantage
I'm one of the odd guys who prefer the Empress VMSD over the Strymon stuff.

Strymon is a bit overhyped arround here.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Quote by Vantage
I'm one of the odd guys who prefer the Empress VMSD over the Strymon stuff.

I'm with you on this one too. El Capistan is great, but I need presets, as well as reverse delay. Furthermore, a looper you can actually use live. Sound on sound is fun for messing around, but I need a loop that I can turn on, off and come back to later.

As for the VMSD versus Timeline, I just feel that the VMSD sounds more natural. And I don't need all the bells and whistles of the Timeline. Plus you can find the VMSD used for much cheaper. Got mine for $250 used.

Just one man's opinion.
Quote by Darkflame
just recommend stuff, it's more fun

EHX echo#1

Its what im getting when im paid
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by losing battle
Strymon is a bit overhyped arround here.

Just around here? When I was looking around for delay pedals and went through other forums, most people picked Strymon over the Empress!

Quote by autumnsweater2
I'm with you on this one too. El Capistan is great, but I need presets, as well as reverse delay. Furthermore, a looper you can actually use live. Sound on sound is fun for messing around, but I need a loop that I can turn on, off and come back to later.

As for the VMSD versus Timeline, I just feel that the VMSD sounds more natural. And I don't need all the bells and whistles of the Timeline. Plus you can find the VMSD used for much cheaper. Got mine for $250 used.

Just one man's opinion.

SORCERY.

I've tried the DML, El Cap, Timeline, Echolution and I guess Eventide TimeFactor kind of counts too and they're all fantastic delay pedals, but I've never really been floored more than I have when I finally tried out the VMSD.
Strymon El Capistan, Brigadier, and Timeline
TC Electronic Nova Delay, Repeater, and Flashback
JHS Panther
EHX Deluxe Memory Man/Memory Boy
Line 6 DL4
Boss DD-5
Boss DD-20
Eventide Timefactor
Way Huge Supa Puss
Malekko Ekko 616 or 919
MXR Carbon Copy
Fender Telecaster