I'm in a 3-piece band. I really like a tone that is a happy medium between Tom Delonge and Dave Grohl. Lot of mids, decent lows, decent highs too. Nothing TOO bright. Currently i have a Crate G600, and, well, it does its job i guess... But it's made more for metal. It doesn't handle the low end well and it's just too bright.

My pedal setup includes basically, just a Fulltone OCD and a Boss DD-7 Digital Delay.

So, on to the real question. I ordered a JCA20H with a 2x12 cab because the price was incredible and i loved what i heard online after a ton of research. $450 is incredible off zZounds in case anyone was wondering.

So, does anyone know how this amp's clean tone handles pedals, and if it'll be able to hold up live? About 75% of our shows, I'm mic'd up to the PA. Anyone know how this amp does with the OCD distortion?
i've heard the cleans are decent enough to do pedals, mess around with the amp's gain and the ocd too, it is an OD after all, so you might find yourself boosting the amp with it rather than relying on it, tubescreamer style pedals work better for that purpose though, so just play around and see what you like.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Thank you! I really like the gain on the amp, unfortunately i won't be using it much though, since it's a 1-channel amp and I do like the OCD. Boost-wise, are there any recommendations you have?
a tubescreamer or any of the zillion ts clone pedals out there, i like the ts9 but theres other options, boss sd-1, digitech bad monkey, joyo vintage overdrive, they will all give you a very mid range boost that works great with amp gain. they also work real well stacked with another pedal such as the ocd.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Thanks! I've been playing for 8 years and just now got into the pedal game. Any advice is much appreciated. Again, thanks for your help.
The JCA20H is a single channel head and that single channel isn't clean. You can dial in a decent enough clean, but it lacks headroom and it isn't going to be terribly loud. It may or may not be loud enough for gig use. Now, if you're playing with the gain up, it's plenty loud. You're probably going to have to use a PA for gigs. Also, be prepared for the amp to be really bright, I'm not sure it was the best choice in amps if you're looking to get something that isn't bright. I have stock tubes in mine, so I am sure a tube change will help. I run a TS9 though mine for pedals.
Hmm. I wish there was a pedal to go from distortion to clean. But, I do have a backup amp at shows that we won't be mic'd up. I did get the 2x12 version, though, do you think i'll be able to get some better clean volume from that than with the 1x12 package?
I'm playing through the JC 1x12 on mine, I would bet a 2x12 with some darker sounding speakes like a V30 would help a lot.
Quote by gerraguitar
a tubescreamer or any of the zillion ts clone pedals out there, i like the ts9 but theres other options, boss sd-1, digitech bad monkey, joyo vintage overdrive, they will all give you a very mid range boost that works great with amp gain. they also work real well stacked with another pedal such as the ocd.

would it blow your mind if i told you the OCD was a TS?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23

yeah isn't it similar just with a difference in like, 1 chip, and the clipping is different or something? i don't really know how different they are, but i've always felt there were some pretty obvious differences that can be used in different ways, mainly that whole mid hump thing
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

would an EQ pedal help me get more low/mid if the JCA20H doesn't have enough of that? if so, where in the pedal chain would i want to put it?
Quote by greeny23

it's not really, though, is it? I suppose it depends on how you define "different", though. the clipping's certainly different. how much of the rest is different... i'd need to look into again
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?