Hey all!

I'm always on the look out for new licks, so when I'm listening to songs and I hear a lick or a riff I add it to my mental list and then try and work it out or find the tab for it online.

What I thought could be cool (You never know, it might not be) would be for people to share their licks with others in either a video or tab format. A sort of Tab Wiki.

I will manage all the licks, by linking to them on the first page, filing them by genre and difficulty and even position and scale if I know them.

These are the rules:

1) Post the video to Youtube only. That way I can chuck them in playlists.
2) Videos should be clear and audible.
3) The full speed version should be shown first, followed by a slowed down version.
4) No more than 60 seconds per video if possible.
5) When posting please provide as many of the following if possible: Genre, the song the lick is from, Artist, Scale, Mode, Position.
6) Please don't publicly criticise a persons technique in this thread, maybe PM them if you really feel it's needed, this is about us sharing and learning cool licks and phrases from eachother.

Don't worry if you're not the best player, if the lick's cool we wanna hear it!

All genres and sub genres and sub sub genres are welcome. As long as you tell me where it belongs I'll keep it all up to date.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Mar 4, 2013,
*Reserved*
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

*Reserved**
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Here's a few to get us started.

I'm primarily into blues/rock guitar playing.

This lick is a SRV style lick. It's Easy, in position 5 of the minor Pentatonic or Blues Scale. It's something you hear him play quite often, big bends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAxDtkU-K8

This is another SRV style lick in position 4 of the minor Pentatonic Scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jACWuh9W2W4

This is a lick from All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix in the first solo. It's in position 4 of the Blues Scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q3S9__Ts8

Not sure why that one ain't working, it's taking ages to process.

*I'll post some tab soon.*

I've just had to relearn my vibrato technique, which is why it's not the best, but soon it will be!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Mar 4, 2013,
I like this idea! And great poster! As soon as I hear something noteworthy (should'nt take to long, ben listening to Paul Gilbert all morning) and playable (OK, mayyyy take a while ) I'll get it up.
Been Dazed and Confused...
That would be great! Thank you.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I play many, many styles, but for this thread I'll record some Surf Rock and Country stuff. Keep things broad! I expect that I'll have time Wednesday, or maybe as soon as Tuesday night to get something up.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
sorry thought i posted a reply when i locked this.

This would just end up as a bunch of links back to youtube vids, and whilst I apprecaiate the sentiment we don't let people create threads to promote videos. Whilst I understand this isn't the intention here it's not fair on all the people who've had threads closed in the past or even been warned or banned - also the thread could be abused by people using it to push their monetised videos.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com