Is there anything I can do to make my strings last longer? I use Ernie Ball 10 gauges, but they seem to feel old and gritty very quickly. Does that have to do with humidity, or should I try different strings?
i thought you were gonna talk about 11 dimensional strings vibrating on N dimensional branes.

disappointed

wipe your strings down after playing, keep the guitar in the case. some of my friends have been know to use waxy furniture polish, my one friend swore by the stuff. i have never used anything like that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
wash your hands.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I used to use Ernie Balls and even cleaning them and washing my hands, they never seemed to last that long.

I've been using D'addario strings for the past 2-3 years and they definitely last longer even without cleaning them off. I've only ever broken 2 strings after switching to them when I used to constantly break Ernie Balls.

Again, take the advice of the other people in this thread since this has worked for me and may not work for you. It's just my personal insight on it.
Skip the username, call me Billy
i dont undstand rbeaking strings. I never have in my 2 years of playing lol.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
your only hope is coated strings. or buy into stuff like the dean markley blue steels. tehy did never rust on me, but niether do regular strings either.

anyways. try em...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by romeozdistress
i dont undstand rbeaking strings. I never have in my 2 years of playing lol.

You're doing it wrong lol
Quote by aerosmithfan95
I used to use Ernie Balls and even cleaning them and washing my hands, they never seemed to last that long.

I've been using D'addario strings for the past 2-3 years and they definitely last longer even without cleaning them off. I've only ever broken 2 strings after switching to them when I used to constantly break Ernie Balls.

Again, take the advice of the other people in this thread since this has worked for me and may not work for you. It's just my personal insight on it.

Yeah, Ernie Ball string do break easy. I'll try D'addario next time
i usually give them a pretty good stretch, maybe thats why.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Just try different brands til you find one that works for you.

For mystical reasons that are hard or impossible to quantify, different people's genetic makeups seem to react differently with different brands of strings. Don't ask me to explain it, I don't know why, but very simply different brands of strings work for different people.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X