Page 1 of 3
I just had my board of review for the rank of Eagle Scout, and I passed. I've been in the Boy Scouts for about 10 years, and I've finally gone as far as I can go. It was A LOT of hard work and commitment. It really isn't as easy/simple as everyone thinks it is. Just so this doesn't look like me blogging, feel free to ask me scout related questions that have nothing to do with molestation or homosexuality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rps1zdppqBA
FORZA CATANIA
How's it feel to be in an organization that actively discriminates against gay people for no good reason?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by anvil is god
Cool.
I'm resigning from scouts because I'm pissed off at their bigoted policies.

I'll be completely honest. I have never seen ANYONE get turned away from the scouts. There have been a few openly gay kids in troops in my area. No one seems to give them a problem
And in defense of the scouts. They made the rules a long time ago. Back then, the gays were pretty much the only people that liked the gays. They don't really turn people away.
I do think they should abolish the rule, though
FORZA CATANIA
Last edited by jonathan666666 at Mar 4, 2013,
Seriously, were you worried that your bigoted supervisors would persecute you for your sexuality alone?
You're future wife would be so proud.

....Oh wait...

^ Don't worry, broham. I'm just kidding. Whatever makes you happy, man.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by jonathan666666
I'll be completely honest. I have never seen ANYONE get turned away from the scouts. There have been a few openly gay kids in troops in my area. No one seems to give them a problem

My best friend was kicked out of scouts for being openly atheist.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wow, ya'll are being dicks to TS.

Rule 29 of Eagle Scouts: One dick is a-okay, but two or more dicks is a no go.

There are more than two dicks in this thread, thus, TS must leave his own thread.
in response to TS, I have a friend who was totally ostracized by his whole troupe jamboree circle jerk thing because he was gay and because he wore nice clothes all the time.

i have a bad taste in my mouth from the gay hate
hurhurhur...
Quote by anvil is god
My best friend was kicked out of scouts for being openly atheist.

Really? that's pretty crazy IMO.
Actually, I was wrong before. One kid was "asked to leave" because he beat the shit out of a kid on a camping trip. That's the closest thing to "rejecting" someone that I've seen in my time in the scouts.
Quote by ihartfood

i have a bad taste in my mouth from the gay hate
hurhurhur...

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wow, ya'll are being dicks to TS.

I've been here long enough to expect this shit. I knew what I was getting myself into when I submitted the thread.
FORZA CATANIA
Wow. Apparently, atheists and agnostics aren't allowed to participates in the eagle scouts because they aren't considered "appropriate role models"

Boo!
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Wow. Apparently, atheists and agnostics aren't allowed to participates in the eagle scouts because they aren't considered "appropriate role models"

Boo!

If you don't tell them a bunch of times, they wont care.
There's atheists in my troop. During church events, they sit there quietly, and no one gives a shit.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by jonathan666666
If you don't tell them a bunch of times, they wont care.
There's atheists in my troop. During church events, they sit there quietly, and no one gives a shit.

So, as long as they aren't open? I am still steadfast in my boo.
Quote by metal4eva_22
What are the benefits of being an Eagle Scout? What can you do now that you have reached this point?

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for asking a decent question .
It looks really really really good on college and job applications. If I join the military, I get a pay raise immediately after basic training (and I believe I start a rank higher, or something. I'm not 100% sure on that).
Then, of course, There's the hundreds of really useful skills that I've learned (1st aid, cooking, shooting, survival, etc.)
Quote by Morphogenesis26
So, as long as they aren't open? I am still steadfast in my boo.

They care much more about a scout's respect for religion and other people, than their religious choices, tbh.
As long as you're not having religious debates in the middle of a church ceremony, you're fine.
(It's not even required that you go to the annual church service)
FORZA CATANIA
I was a Sea Scout when I was younger, none of that badge shit unless you really wanted to and no religious stuff either. Just violent games, driving powerboats and sailing and generally being louts, twas the best kind of scouts
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Now make a thread when you lost your virginity.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I was a Sea Scout when I was younger, none of that badge shit unless you really wanted to and no religious stuff either. Just violent games, driving powerboats and sailing and generally being louts, twas the best kind of scouts

Sea Scouts sounds far manlier than "boy scouts".

Quote by jonathan666666

They care much more about a scout's respect for religion and other people, than their religious choices, tbh.
As long as you're not having religious debates in the middle of a church ceremony, you're fine.
(It's not even required that you go to the annual church service)

Oh. I can't disagree with that.

Boo retracted.
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at Mar 4, 2013,
Quote by RetroGunslinger

We have plenty of that, too. lol
Quote by jetfuel495
Congrats on your accomplishment TS

I was a Scout for a while but gave up when all my friends stopped going to the meetings.

Thanks! Yea, I almost stopped when it started to get "uncool".
Girls thought it was stupid in middle school. But no ****ing kidding, in high school, girl's pussies would ****ing drip when they found out I was a Boy Scout. They think it's the cutest shit on earth.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by element4433
Now make a thread when you lost your virginity.

I'm pretty sure he was too young to join UG when his scoutmaster... deflowered him. So he compensated with FLOWER POWER!

In all seriousness, congrats.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by jonathan666666
We have plenty of that, too. lol
Thanks! Yea, I almost stopped when it started to get "uncool".
Girls thought it was stupid in middle school. But no ****ing kidding, in high school, girl's pussies would ****ing drip when they found out I was a Boy Scout. They think it's the cutest shit on earth.
Not only that but it looks really good on a college application. That stuff takes dedication, and admissions boards recognize that. idk if you're in college or not, but if you're on your way, it's a plus.

Sometimes I wish I stuck it through but our whole troop deserted. When the troop leader's own son stops participating, show's pretty much over
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah oh my god hahahahahahaha

:')
you're a stone fox
Quote by metal4eva_22
What are the benefits of being an Eagle Scout? What can you do now that you have reached this point?

Tell everyone online that he did.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Saint78

k.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Tell everyone online that he did.

That too.
Quote by element4433
In all seriousness, congrats.

Thanks.
FORZA CATANIA
I did Cub Scouts until Boy Scouts, but then I quit cuz everybody was really weird.

I think I let my dad down cuz he was an Eagle Scout.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

congratulations you're a ****ing douchebag.
do you really ****ing think anyone cares? join the ****ing army or do something SERIOUSLY productive
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Quote by aaroncaper
do you really ****ing think anyone cares? join the ****ing army or do something SERIOUSLY productive

Oh my. I think you hit a nerve in this person.

It's freaking adorable!
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by aaroncaper

you're a stone fox
Quote by aaroncaper

I think my ~200 hours of community service is pretty productive.
That might even be more than your mom did while she was in prison.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by aaroncaper

>army
>productive
Quote by jonathan666666
That might even be more than your mom did while she was in prison.

i didn't think you could get any worse :')
you're a stone fox
Quote by metal4eva_22

It's something less than 1% of people have accomplished so it just looks good on paper. But to get into specifics, it shows you know how to follow orders and lead others. That's one of the biggest parts of being a scout when you get older, you have to take on responsibility for yourself and for your troop. You learn "leadership" qualities that can look good to others and be useful later in life.

I don't know how other troops were run, but mine was run like its some kind of quasi-military thing. We were strict, you had to fall in line, you were expected to follow orders from higher ups without question, if you failed to do what was expected you were punished by way of yelling or, in more serious cases, physical punishment. You were never complimented. If you ever did something good, it didn't matter cause that's what was expected of you. We stayed away from other troops and didn't care at all for anything the camp did. If any of you have seen Full Metal Jacket, the first 30 minutes are a very accurate description of how my troop operated.

I got my Eagle award when I was 17 and haven't cared much for scouts ever since. Congrats, TS. I know it's a bitch to get.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 4, 2013,
Page 1 of 3