The other day I player a mike akerfeldt PRS in a guitar store, and for the first time the neck felt perfect for my hands. However, I already have a PRS (wide/thin) and wanted to know what other guitars had similar necks like those (the wide/fat not the wide/thin). Specially if anyone has played Japanese ESP models or edwards models.

PS. I'm currently somewhere, that has little to no guitar shops nearby.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Last edited by purplexing at Mar 5, 2013,
The Taylor solid-body electrics have a wide-thin that feels a lot like a PRS. Used to have a couple in the shop I worked in. The Piezo sounds fantastic on them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by purplexing
The other day I player a mike akerfeldt PRS in a guitar store...

I'm sorry for interrupting your post, I don't have any answer of your question. But I'd like to ask you a question, hope you wouldn't mind. Was that guitar a PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt you played? I've never played any PRS guitar and as you already play and own a PRS can you please tell me that do PRS SE series guitars worth its value for the price? Can you give me any suggestion about the PRS SE Custom 24, PRS SE Singlecut Trem and PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt? What is the difference between the wide fat and wide thin neck shape that are featured among various PRS guitars?
Quote by stranger_23
I'm sorry for interrupting your post, I don't have any answer of your question. But I'd like to ask you a question, hope you wouldn't mind. Was that guitar a PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt you played? I've never played any PRS guitar and as you already play and own a PRS can you please tell me that do PRS SE series guitars worth its value for the price? Can you give me any suggestion about the PRS SE Custom 24, PRS SE Singlecut Trem and PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt? What is the difference between the wide fat and wide thin neck shape that are featured among various PRS guitars?

I think that PRS SEs are pretty damn good guitars. I have a Paul Allender signature SE, but I have really long and thin fingers so I prefer the wide/fat than the wide/thin. Idk how to explain it, but the wide/fat fit my hand way better than the wide thin.
Quote by MDoggDX316

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
anyone?
Quote by MDoggDX316

Seventh.
Quote by purplexing
anyone?

Well.

I have owned 3 us PRS guitars both wide thin and wide fat. And i have owned over 20++ guitars ive never come across similar necks like on PRS guitars. For me atleast.

But i bet they are people out there that have played similar ones
Probably not as helpful as you need, but I have a hollowbody from Jon Kammerer (a luthier in Illinois) that sounds like what you're describing. It is very comfy.

But I can't compare it to a PRS, since I have never tried one out. (I know, its a weird gap, all things considered.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!